Drinking while performing

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by cmadragon, Nov 14, 2011.

1. fakeox

fakeox Member

rickard71, you are probably a shi//y audience that wouldn't really be there anyway so who cares. you are at home , sober & pissed off.:bkw

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  2. vashuba

vashuba Supporting Member

haha ive had those too. THere always a blast!

3. FuzzGazer

FuzzGazer Member

Drink ≠ Drunk

4. fakeox

fakeox Member

hater=potater fuzzgazer
    rickard71: 40 year old hillbullah: if it's not right up your f&*n alley it must be wrong eh?!

-

-

5. joek86

joek86 Supporting Member

Is he a Mormon? LOl

~Joe

6. Berlebster

Berlebster Member

Well, put the beer in a soda bottle .Problem solved until the guy realises it.

7. Tuberoast

Tuberoast Member

I like about 2-3 scotch and sodas throughout the night.

8. Ephi82

Ephi82 Member

I reconsidered the wisdom of bringing a pint of beer and setting it on my amp. A drunk woman stumbled on stage, bumped my rig and I watched in horror as 16 ounces of beer poured all over the top and down all sides of my treasured '66 Blackface Pro Reverb...Worst thing? She was a terrible dancer and not close to good looking.

I dont play well drunk or even a little stoned, but I see no problem having a beer on stage as long it goes somewhere it cant be spilled!

9. FFTT

FFTT Member

I couldn't spare the energy.

Even one drink and I could feel the loss of energy and that can be a problem
    when you're playing 5/40's medley sets.

We were serious about putting on the best show possible and we had
    to count on each other to keep our act together the whole night.

I drank coffee, iced tea or club soda over ice.

10. FuzzGazer

FuzzGazer Member

LOL!

11. jtm622

jtm622 Member

The BEST live band I ever saw was Fleetwood Mac in a small club in Texas... Those guys went way past having a bottle of beer on stage - I mean, seriously - McVie had a half-gallon of Gallo wine sitting on top of his bass amp... (This was the "Kiln House" version of FM.) Those guys were stronger than owl sh#t that night...

Also, saw the original Allman Bros. band on the "Live at the Filmore" tour - and Greg had a more than ample supply of Budweisers sitting atop his B-3; those guys were anything but "unprofessional"...

As long as nobody gets "knee-walking sloppy drunk", then what's the problem? Besides, you're there for ONE REASON - and that is to sell ADULT BEVERAGES to that audience for that club owner...

:)

12. neastguy

neastguy Member

I used to drink probably a six pack at a (cover band) gig... now my new plan is to smuggle in about 3 N/A beers and roll with that.. its just not worth getting a DUI.. and even just after 2 beers.. with my luck I'd get one.. I just can't afford it.. who can... too many responsibilities..... plus I'm trying to get abs for the summer :)

13. VaughnC

VaughnC Supporting Member

I think it depends on the band's goals. If the band is a "Bar Band", and that's all you ever have the desire to do, then, as long as no one makes a fool out of the rest of the band by overdoing it, have at it.

However, my old band used bar's & clubs to get into the higher paying corporate & private type of gigs... And, if that's the band's goal, IMO, you'll never break into that market without professional stage appearance & behavior all the time, at all gigs. I'd rather make $500+/man at a corporate gig as opposed to $50/man in a bar....but that's your choice.

14. Brooks

Brooks Member

this. a few beers is part of the gig for me. if you're a falling down drunk it's different, but i'm not.

as for "unprofessional", i'd tell your bandmate to take a look around at your gig, and then get over himself.