Drive,Fuzz,Distortion pedals.Pedal order recomendations please

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Standard 64, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Standard 64

Standard 64 Member

What order would you line these up on your pedalboard for single playing and stacking,thanks.Pedals are Hermida Zendrive1,Analogman Astrotone Fuzz,Fulltone OCD,MI Audio Crunchbox,Digitech Metal Master.And as a bonus question would you put the Boss ns2 noise supressor after these and before effects pedals,or at the end of the chain before the amp?

2. wundergussy

wundergussy Member

Astro -> Zen -> OCD (LP mode) -> Crunchbox

I'd see no use the Digitech with those four.

3. Standard 64

Standard 64 Member

thanks,I kind of like the tight/loose settings and recto tone on the hardwire,and ns2?

4. dshobe

dshobe Rocky Mountain Way Silver Supporting Member

Wundergussy's order is how I'd do it too, maybe the Hardwire after the OCD. I'd sell the ns2. If I had to use it, last in the chain.

5. Standard 64

Standard 64 Member

thanks,well I have really noisy electrical and the ns2 works it out,have to weigh the good with the bad

6. partsocaster

partsocaster Member

Hermida Zendrive1,Analogman Astrotone Fuzz,Fulltone OCD,MI Audio Crunchbox,Digitech Metal Master.And as a bonus question would you put the Boss ns2 noise supressor

Fuzz
    OCD
    Zendrive (it stacks nicely)
    MI Audio
    Drop the Digitech (those have always been a can of bees, the Crunchbox can do an amazing amount of gain so much better)

Noise suppression after the dirt but before time based effects, you don't want your threshold cutting off delay tails or cropping your verb.