Drop-in Mccarty Tuner Replacement?

war-knuckles

Supporting Member
i love my McKorina but the only thing i dont like about it is the tuners, i dont like the way they look or feel (sorry guys!)

i have locking tuners on all my other guitars and im wondering if theres any suggestions for Locking tuners that would easily fit my mckorina without having to drill or do anything else to the headstock?

any one else have any experiences with this?

zumaboy

The only experience I can offer is wanting to do the same thing with my McCarty for the first few years. Then I grew to like the look. Then I realized that the tuners worked great, and the guitar stayed very stable all night through bar gigs. So I decided not to fix what wasn't broke. Sorry, I know that doesn't really answer your question...

doublescale1

Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck
Silver Supporting Member
yep have them in my R9, they just dropped in. but I bought them from Stewmac a few years ago - they dont show them in their catalog anymore, but M/F has them.

Last edited:

doublescale1

Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck
Silver Supporting Member
don't get them then - the orig look comment refers to the keystone shaped tuner buttons, which from an audience POV will look period correct (not that many in the audience will care to look or notice even if you've put Sperzels on there) - if someone in the audience can see the top of the tuning post and pick you off, jeeeze I guess you have been busted the period-correct police - your reputation for authenticity will be in tatters, shattered, sha-doo-be

Last edited:

brianr0131

don't get them then - the orig look comment refers to the keystone shaped tuner buttons, which from an audience POV will look period correct (not that many in the audience will care to look or notice even if you've put Sperzels on there) - if someone in the audience can see the top of the tuning post and pick you off, jeeeze I guess you have been busted the period-correct police - your reputation for authenticity will be in tatters, shattered, sha-doo-be
I should have kept quiet. Sorry Bro.

It's just I don't get the big "knobs" on there. I see what you mean about the Keystone shape.

It would have been cooler IMO if they used a locking knob that was much slimmer like these:

cap47

I should have kept quiet. Sorry Bro.

It's just I don't get the big "knobs" on there. I see what you mean about the Keystone shape.

It would have been cooler IMO if they used a locking knob that was much slimmer like these:

That is a motorized Robot type guitar tuner.

Trending Topics