1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

DRRI and Fuchs ODS Mod...?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by fenderheavy, May 24, 2011.

1. fenderheavy

fenderheavy Member

I have a DRRI and am considering getting the Fuchs ODS Mods. Anyone have this setup? How's she sound?

The only mod I've done so far is exchanging the input and output xformers, choke, and reverb, with all Mercury Magnetics stuff. That was a great upgrade. I just need to decide if I want to take it to the nxt level or pony up the doh for an ODS 50.

Thoughts?

Thanks all,
    Mike

2. fenderheavy

fenderheavy Member

3. Blueser

Blueser Member

I would off the DRRI and order the real thing. I have owned both, and I think that while the mods sound really good, the real ODS production amps sound really great. Just my opinion.

4. franksguitar

franksguitar Member

I recall a friend had a Bandmaster with a 2-12 cab Fuch's modded. It was way too loud he would up getting a Glasswerks amp

5. silky_sam

silky_sam Gold Supporting Member

Had my '82 Rivera era Concert converted to a Fuchs ODS......and it's absolutely incredible....no comparison to its previous self!

[​IMG]

6. Tom Gross

Tom Gross Silver Supporting Member

I have a Fuchs modded DR (don't know the donor amp) with an EV12L in it, and it sounds fantastic. Play it more than my Two Rock Opal.

[​IMG]

Very little is retained from the donor amp in a Fuchs mod, just the Tranny and chassis, so the DRRI would probably be fine.

Production Fuchsen are fantastic amps as well.

7. whaiyun

whaiyun Member

I have a DRRI with the Fuchs ODS mod. Love it. My only amp as well.

Yeah you could consider getting an actual ODS 30 combo, but the price of a Fuchs mod DRRI is hard to beat...

Loaded mine with Mullards and a Scumback M75 65W. Awesome.