Drum Kits - Post Them

Tswan7

The kit above is the one that I made from the old church pews that my church was removing. They are solid mahogany stave drums. They were on stage for several years and now reside in my studio.

Fretsalot

Bought these 3? 4? years ago. Wanted to scratch my drumming itch after being a guitar player for the past 40+ years; and a drummer friend said he would help review CL offerings I was considering. He was excited about this set of Yamaha Stage Customs for the price, so I went to Tacoma to pick them up from a drum teacher who also is a used drum kit dealer. 12/13/18?/22 with 14hats/16crash/20ride ZBT cymbals - all Yamaha hardware. The guy I bought them from gave me a 45 minute lesson and sent me away with a couple of pages of beats, etc to learn. I just got them back out a few months ago and always play with a metronome. At this point, I can 'bury the click' up to about 105bpms and use Drumeo, etc vids on YT to add new skills. Been working on a fill repetoire lately. It's weird, but... I've worked HARD to play guitar all these years with any skill, and gains take a while - I may be more of a natural with the drums than the guitar. Still devoted to guitar, though

drums_1200x1200.jpg

Last edited:

Weathered

Silver Supporting Member
Grabbed this kit over the winter to get back to drumming after 20 years away. So far, I'm hooked, so much so that I upgraded my cymbals to a set of K Sweets that I'm very happy with.

I found myself wishing it had another floor tom so I switched to 1 up, 2 down today. So far, really like the change, even if it looks a bit odd having a 12"/16" combo on the floor.

MomentFX

My new Ludwig Keystone set (I had the Yamaha snare already). I was looking for better cymbals from a friend of a friend at work, and ending up buying a whole set for a price that was low enough that I would have been an idiot to pass up. Still need to replace a couple of the cymbals though. He had a couple of Gretsch Renown kits in the same price range, but I went for this one for the red oyster.
20220311_170447b.jpg

Vistavette

View attachment 519128
Pearl studio sessions or something like that, hidden from view Ludwig hammered black beauty snare.
I had this exact set I bought new in 1996 or 1997. Used the black Pearl square rack. It was a good set and held up great. I did some road work where we were traveling from Las Vegas, where the temps were way over 100 degrees to Calgary, where temps were way below zero with all of our gear in a trailer. I used a Ludwig Hammered Bronze snare with it. The set looked brand new after months and months of that type of travel. Sold them when I found a deal on a Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute

Magnets And Melodies

Silver Supporting Member
My mind can't fathom all these drums and cymbals LOL. I've only ever played a 4 piece kit, 1 HH, 1 Crash, 1 Ride. Hell, getting over to my Floor Tom is cumbersome enough for me, can't imagine getting around some of these massive kits!

Weathered

Silver Supporting Member
My mind can't fathom all these drums and cymbals LOL. I've only ever played a 4 piece kit, 1 HH, 1 Crash, 1 Ride. Hell, getting over to my Floor Tom is cumbersome enough for me, can't imagine getting around some of these massive kits!
Same - I'm debating switching one of my kits to a 1 up, 1 down tom setup. Less things for me to hit completely out of time.

Plaid Sabbath

Platinum Supporting Member

Same - I'm debating switching one of my kits to a 1 up, 1 down tom setup. Less things for me to hit completely out of time.

Man, you guys read my mind. Anything more than 4 pieces and I start to get a nosebleed. I’d need a nap after playing some of these bigger kits.

slayerbear17

I didn't realize I had deleted some pics, so here's an update of pics.

MIT Pearl Export.
20211031-030911.jpg

20220309-110036.jpg

Full communication between rooms
20211113-140808.jpg

20210707-190805.jpg

Best sounding snare I picked up for $60CAD ( right )
20211127-010506.jpg

The best mics for tom's in my opinion.
20211016-194816.jpg

wraub

Man, you guys read my mind. Anything more than 4 pieces and I start to get a nosebleed. I’d need a nap after playing some of these bigger kits.

It's all about ergonomics and positioning. On my set there's a lot but it's all in low and close enough to facilitate ease of movement around the set. I always set up bass drum, hats, and snare where they'll live, then add on. The low tom and side snare are roughly equally apart, within easy reach, and the rest falls into place from there.

Bluedano1

I'm not a drummer, but here's a cool pic I have on file:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210819-192002_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210819-192002_Photos.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 12

Trending Topics

Top Bottom