Drum loops/sound library recommendations?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Neer, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Neer

Neer Supporting Member

I'm looking to build a nice library of Jazz and Latin (including Brazilian) drum and percussion loops for my next project. Does anyone have any recommendations? I've purchased from The Loop Loft, Beta Monkey and Big Fish, what are some of the others where I'll find some great organic stuff?

2. russ6100

russ6100 Member

I've got the EZ Drummer plug in with several sound expansion packs. The drum sounds themselves are great and some of the loops aren't so bad - except - the jazz stuff. I tried to prepare myself so as to avoid disappointment but still was....ha! For all the hype in the ads about the material being played "by so and so", complete with his "feel", one has to know that that stuff all goes out the window when it's quantized, which of course it is, otherwise you wouldn't be able to move the samples around by the one or two bar phrase.

I knew better than to try to get real jazz feel in a box but I still tried....lol!

3. Hunterdog

Hunterdog Member

lots of free stuff at looperman.com

4. Neer

Neer Supporting Member

I'm really looking for recordings of acoustic drums and percussion in wav format. I use Recycle to fool with the loops.