Drum machine with delay after

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Glass Onion, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Glass Onion

Glass Onion Toneful truth seeker. Gold Supporting Member

Any one ever set up a drum machine and put a delay after and get some really cool time signatures and trippy sounds to play along with.
    I tried it a while back and it can really open you up and make you stretch to come up with stuff to play over it.

It does make it near impossible for a real drummer to reproduce though.

2. S. F. Sorrow

S. F. Sorrow Member

It's really fun thru a tape delay....

3. Glass Onion

Glass Onion Toneful truth seeker. Gold Supporting Member

Oh my yes. Just crazy good.

4. slybird

slybird Member

For a home demo I do it all the time. Makes it really easy to get a Skinny Puppy/90s industrial sound. You will not find a drummer able to reproduce the sound unless they are on electronic kit and they have impeccable timing. You probably would need to use a click track live.

5. firememo

firememo Member

I think playing with an echo helped Stewart Copeland stay in time! (The same method applies to guitar playing, sometimes.) This effect is sprinkled throughout middle-period Police material.

6. D Rock

D Rock Member

Yes I do this quite often. Maschine from Native Instruments with a Saffire Pro 40, I can output individual drum channels out and back in to sample. Very nice. Usually use the big box deluxe memory man as my main studio delay, looks very nice sitting on the desk. :)

7. Nevil Bamshoot

Nevil Bamshoot Member

sure, hard for a drummer to drum along to, but maybe just use the setup for that song and the drummer can bang on some other thing or push some buttons or something?

I use a couple of drum machines with a series of pedals. Current order is Akai Miniak/Boss DR-110 -> EHX Pitch Fork -> Boss Terra Echo -> Ibanez DE7 delay/echo -> Alesis Ineko -> JHS Colour Box -> mixer/DAW/amp

playing with this stuff is my idea of fun. get a fun beat going, start turning knobs, get weird with it. woof.

8. Ev O)))

Ev O))) Member

yeah its a trippy sound that I love for sure. Need to get a drum machine real bad

9. Yarnhawk

Yarnhawk Member

Well, now I need a drum machine. Thanks.

10. eti

eti Member

It was popular in reggae dub back in the '70s. Everything in the echo machine. First track on this vid.