DryBell Unit67 has arrived!

rkharper

Wow, they've been teaing this pedal forever, and now it's here.... A Booster / EQ / Compressor?

I'm a little underwhelmed to say the least, but here it is anyway.

http://drybell.com/category/home/

Edit: don't get me wrong, it is for sure a great pedal, but having an analogman sunlion as a treblebooster, a Cali67 as compressor, and other numerous drives and boosts on my board makes this a little bit redundant. And having it turned on and off all at the same time... I don't know... Not for me.

Last edited:

jeffinaustin

Supporting Member
Wow, they've been teaing this pedal forever, and now it's here.... A Booster / EQ / Compressor?

Edit: don't get me wrong, it is for sure a great pedal, but having an analogman sunlion as a treblebooster, a Cali67 as compressor, and other numerous drives and boosts on my board makes this a little bit redundant. And having it turned on and off all at the same time... I don't know... Not for me.
What do you mean by “turned on and off all at the same time”?

Burgs

It's a pretty great pedal, I have to say. DryBell sent me one to demo and I was suitably impressed. Fine 1176-style compressor, great Rangemaster boost, cleans, 2-band EQ... I reckon a lot of people who dig great compressors and treble boosters will love this one. Here's my take on it. Have a good one!

mxk116

Silver Supporting Member

I understand what you’re saying but you have to admit it sounds darn good in the demo video. I have a compact Cali76 on my board and don’t use a fuzz. I’m really digging the eq and boost options of the Unit67 so I’ll probably give it a whirl. Maybe I can free up some space with the Unit67 if it can replace my clean boost (silver Archer) and Cali76. Both of these pedals I kind of set and forget. Not always “on” but more often than not “on” together. This could be a viable option for me. We shall see.

jAcKoFsPeEd

To late, I'm good, got a Cali76CD, a Jackson Prism in front of the amp for added EQ and or gain and one JP in the loop for if needed EQ and or VOLUME. This seems to do a lot in one small package. The Jackson Prism does a lot and is built like a nuclear bomb.

NicDo

It's a pretty great pedal, I have to say. DryBell sent me one to demo and I was suitably impressed. Fine 1176-style compressor, great Rangemaster boost, cleans, 2-band EQ... I reckon a lot of people who dig great compressors and treble boosters will love this one. Here's my take on it. Have a good one!

I was totally underwhelmed by the announcement as I'm not looking for anything like that. But your demo instantly reversed that thought! Nice demo, thanks.

rkharper

I understand what you’re saying but you have to admit it sounds darn good in the demo video. I have a compact Cali76 on my board and don’t use a fuzz. I’m really digging the eq and boost options of the Unit67 so I’ll probably give it a whirl. Maybe I can free up some space with the Unit67 if it can replace my clean boost (silver Archer) and Cali76. Both of these pedals I kind of set and forget. Not always “on” but more often than not “on” together. This could be a viable option for me. We shall see.
It sounds damn good, like I said in my first post, but so do the Sunlion, Cali76 and my other drives and boosts.
Burgs Demo is indeed better than the official demo. Still, I wont buy the pedal.

Chadley

That’s a really cool and inventive pedal! Glad builders are still trying new things. Yes, you could get there with individual pedals, but combing those four different effects (boost, treble boost, eq and compression) into one enclosure actually makes a lot of sense. Might not be for everyone but it sounds really great in the demo.

Echoplexi

Silver Supporting Member
That’s a really cool and inventive pedal! Glad builders are still trying new things. Yes, you could get there with individual pedals, but combing those four different effects (boost, treble boost, eq and compression) into one enclosure actually makes a lot of sense. Might not be for everyone but it sounds really great in the demo.
Yea, I could see myself picking one up for a small board, something I can grab quick that will be more of a utility thing. I have a Sunlion, and regular Beano too. I’d look at the “rangemaster” style mid control as more it’s own thing. If I want a dead nuts rangemaster sound I’d grab my Analogman. I think this looks cool and I’ll be digging into these demos on my ride home from work today.

Trending Topics