DryBell Unit67 has arrived!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rkharper, Sep 19, 2018.

1. cam0122

cam0122 Member

I contacted DryBell about when the Unit67 will be available from U.S. dealers. Martina told me that Unit67 initial shipment from DryBell will be in early December. She also told me that all U.S. dealers have been so informed.

Last night I was lied to by a sales rep at one of the U.S. dealers listed as such on the dryBell website. (Not mentioning names, but it was NOT Prymaxe.com).

The guy told me the Unit67 pedals will arrive within four to five weeks tops and would arrive at my door one to three days later.

He also advised me to pre-pay in full. Otherwise I would not receive a pedal because they will all be purchased and claimed before they arrive at the dealer.

Those of you who have pre-ordered from a U.S. dealer, I hope you were not lied to.

DryBell has the Unit67 in stock ready to ship.

I hope this helps.

NamaEnsou and hippieboy like this.
  2. ejecta

ejecta Member

I have one on the way and yes I have pedals that do similar functions... even have a Cali76. This will fit nicely on one of my boards and alow me to move the Cali76 to another board and upgrade the compressor on it. I think it’s going to be great tool to have on this particular board

3. rollyfoster

rollyfoster Silver Supporting Member

The wait is killing me:oops:

4. jsboswell

jsboswell Supporting Member

At first I thought this was a neat idea, but not really something that I could use with my current rig. Then I watched Pete Thorn's demo and it all made sense to me. I already have a Cali76 CD on my board. I think there's a great chance I'll order the Unit67 and move the Cali to an acoustic board I'm putting together (I already had a Cali76 planned for it).

ejecta likes this.
  5. Befuddled

Befuddled Supporting Member

Why would you guys not order it direct from Drybell?
    The shipping was lightning fast and completely reasonable, not more expensive than shipping within the US really.

Luke V, cam0122 and ejecta like this.
  6. Doug59

Doug59 Supporting Member

I asked about this pedal from an online dealer and was told not until December as well.

zvonch and cam0122 like this.
  7. jsboswell

I ordered my V1 Vibe Machine directly from DryBell years ago and will do the same with the Unit67. Full confidence in them.

Echoplexi, zvonch and Ramhead like this.
  8. soopajeanmi

soopajeanmi Member

Drybell’s service is great. I ordered on a sunday on their website, i got a nice email right away telling me that they would ship my pedal on monday. 5 days later it was delivery home (i live in france) !

Still learning how to use the unit67, i always had a hard time with compressors and my absolute favorite one is the Diamond. For now i’m still struggling with the compressor of the Drybell, it’s not transparent enough for my taste. I guess i need to use it a bit more.

9. jsboswell

10. blues bird

blues bird Supporting Member

I don‘t know whether there is such thing as a tranparent compressor. But what I do know is, that an 1176 is not one of them. The 1176‘s purpose in life is to make things jump in your face. Big time.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    indeedido and ejecta like this.
  11. KasperFauerby

KasperFauerby Member

I love these kind of pedals! It seems I'm too dumb to use a full compressor... but these tone enhancement pedals that are doing multiple things at once are definitely my thing!

I currently use an Orange Kongpressor pedal for this, which is actually quite a similar idea to what this pedal has going on. A sweet sounding compressor, which can also do a clean(ish) boost and has some kind of EQ to do an overall adjustment of the tone. Until I heard the Unit 67 demos I thought that was the one pedal in my collection that would never go anywhere. A super useful tool for almost all tones in home recordings! But I think this Unit 67 pedal is a step up that will be worth the price for me!

EDIT: Ordered... damn, I need to put a lid on my GAS now. At least for a month or two ;)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  12. Doug59

Doug59 Supporting Member

I'd order directly from them, but they only accept PayPal for payment. Without a Paypal account and no desire to have one, I'll be sure to order from a dealer when they get them to sell. Looks like a great pedal.

13. jAcKoFsPeEd

jAcKoFsPeEd Member

You mean there are people that don't have a Paypal account? That's like someone without a cell phone.........which I don't want or have!

14. cam0122

cam0122 Member

You can buy it now directly from DryBell.

15. jAcKoFsPeEd

jAcKoFsPeEd Member

No use getting one from Drybell now in three days when you can get on someones wait list for two months or longer and whine about the long wait.

16. Doug59

Doug59 Supporting Member

Which I mention in post #92... Paypal ,or lack there of is the deal breaker for me. I'd probably own one already if not for this. Eventually...

17. soopajeanmi

soopajeanmi Member

The Diamond is *very* transparent: doesnt mess with your attack and doesn’t bring too much unatural sustain. The unit67 reminds me a bit of the xotic sp: it really makes your notes sustain longer. What makes the unit67 unique is that « range » control, it really brings the mids in a very lively way.

18. Jaketone

Jaketone Member

I thought you can checkout through PayPal and use a credit card without an account..? Happy to be wrong..?

19. GuitarNorton

GuitarNorton Member

That's the way it usually works. Do it all the time.

20. soopajeanmi

soopajeanmi Member

First band rehearsal with the unit67: i used it with my acoustic guitar. The unit67 was great to dial a tone for solos (volume boost, a bit of compression, less bass and treble and a bit more mids with the range knob). It worked perfectly, providing a louder fatter tone for solos. The compressor is particularly quiet and noise free (as much as the Diamond, and much much quieter than the xotic sp).

zvonch and Ramhead like this.