DryBell Unit67 has arrived!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rkharper, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Doug59

Doug59 Supporting Member

A lot of times this is the case. Other times, this being one of them, you have to create an account or log in with a PayPal account before you can make the purchase. I had the same issue trying to buy Ceriatone Centura as well.

Jaketone likes this.
  2. pup tentacle

pup tentacle Silver Supporting Member

If you want an extremely functional comp/limiter that's as transparent as possible, check out the Bondi 2026. I've used many, and haven't heard anything else like it.

3. the-tone

the-tone Member

4. CarlGuitarist

CarlGuitarist Member

How are people using units like these? Always on? Boosts?

5. jsboswell

jsboswell Supporting Member

Interested in this as well. Mine should be here late this week, but my "hope" is to use it in "always on" fashion.

CarlGuitarist likes this.
  6. louisnd

louisnd Member

Any owner of the pedal have tried it on 18v?

7. rollyfoster

rollyfoster Silver Supporting Member

Mine shipped last Monday and has been stuck in NYC since weds or thurs :eek:

8. Ramhead

Ramhead Member

The Unit67 has an internal voltage regulator and works the same within 9-18V range. So, it can work at 18V as well. If you use more than 9V, the Unit67 will generate a little more heat and that's perfectly normal. Different power supply voltages don't affect the tone or internal headroom of the pedal in any way.
    This is stated in the Unit67 Manual
    Also, the Unit67's internal electronic design has voltage doubler and tripler for high headroom and always works at the same internal voltages (up to 23V), no matter what external power supply is. So you can use your 18V output for something else on your board.

@rollyfoster - Martina checked your tracking status and she says that your package was processed in NY earlier today, so it is moving again. It's normal that a package with regular post travels longer than with UPS. Normally, by regular mail it travels approx. 10-14 working days and with UPS 2-3 days.. So, just a few more days :)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  9. soopajeanmi

soopajeanmi Member

Played a little more today with the Unit67: I tried it in front of a timmy and after a Skreddy HFD (both better stackers than the boss OD3 I initially tried the Unit67 with). Guitar is a RI63 335 and amp is a PRRI.

The tone was great, particularly in front of the Timmy: fat yet very clear, I have to admit it's a great lead tone and it's quite easy to dial. The Unit67 is also impressively noise-free.

The EQ (bass, treble, range) is very easy to use and the control have a nice progressivity (subtle ajustements are possible). The range control is actually usefull to also get *less* presence by dialing it back.

zvonch, louisnd and Ramhead like this.
  10. louisnd

louisnd Member

Yes - I saw that in the manual as well - I was wondering how "hot" it would become. And in fact, I have an 18volt (and a 15v) so I was wondering if anyone would have notice any difference outside the heat (even if its state that the pedal will sound the same).

11. Ramhead

Ramhead Member

The Unit67 is designed, tested and works on wide temperature range so don't worry, no difference in tone...

louisnd likes this.
  12. louisnd

louisnd Member

Ramhead likes this.
  13. ejecta

ejecta Member

Ordered late last week and it was delivered today so don’t feel like ordering direct will take awhile. Can’t wait to try it on my board.

zvonch and Ramhead like this.
  14. guitarman92

guitarman92 Member

Anyone able to compare the eq on this to the Jackson Prism?

15. rollyfoster

Picked it up from the post office today. As I’m sitting here thinking about putting it on my board when I get home I’ve hit a conundrum.

The buffer.

If I put the 67 before the vibe machine it’s gonna affect the sound (I keep it in “original” mode) but that’s where I’d want to put it because I don’t want the EQ or compression coming after the vibe.:confused:o_O

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  16. Bogner

Bogner Member

The more I hear, the more I like it.

deeohgee likes this.
  17. louisnd

louisnd Member

So? Have you tried both combinations? Where does it sits best? Before the Vibe Machine ?

18. rollyfoster

Haven’t tried it yet. :(

Son’s first birthday is today and family just left, kids now in bed. I missed the delivery yesterday so now I have to wait until tomorrow afternoon before I can try it out because I’m damn sure not playing it for the first time at baby sleeping volume.

I need to figure out how much I’m actually gonna use them simultaneously before I make a decision. I may run it second and just turn it off if I’m using the vibe and the settings don’t play well.

Having a buffer in front of the vibe machine isn’t the end of the world, either. It just sounds like the bright setting and I don’t really play noticeably bright guitars

Sure looks nice on the board, though.:)

Edit: **** it I just plugged it in and it’s very nice with a clean amp at baby volume. Adds great feel, sustain, and body to the tone without having to turn up much at all. The controls are VERY interactive from what I can tell. Unity at this volume is the boost at minimum when the compressor is up. Less compression, add more boost. The EQ can cut a lot, too, especially in the mids. I really can’t wait to crank it up tomorrow because I rarely play “clean” and want to see what it does with a cooking amp.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    zvonch, Ramhead and louisnd like this.
  19. rollyfoster

20. louisnd

louisnd Member

rollyfoster likes this.