DryBell Unit67 has arrived!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rkharper, Sep 19, 2018.

1. the-tone

the-tone Member

It's a different style compressor than the Dimond, so I'm pretty sure that if you rely of moderate to high comp settings, you WILL feel a difference. BUT... I think you'll really dig the Unit67 much more actually. It just have that extra versatility, and that "mid thing" it can do is VERY rewarding to play with. It's absolutely worth buying!

Ramhead and ejecta like this.
  2. JDandCoke

JDandCoke Member

How are people finding it as a treble boost? Is it good enough to hang with dedicated treble boosts? (Thinking naga viper/beano boost)?
    Having the compressor available would be a nice feature for me but not essential

3. Blue Bee

Blue Bee Member

Look forward to hear more reviews on this, it looks like a lot of good tools in a nice small package!

Is this the same size as a small mxr enclosure or a bit bigger?

4. leighianson

leighianson Member

Same as an MXR style enclosure. I love mine, it’s almost like I need a few of them in my Board as it’s so versatile.

Ramhead likes this.
  5. TheKermitC

TheKermitC Member

Interested

6. ToneChaser89

ToneChaser89 Supporting Member

Home Run Zvonch and team!!! It makes me wonder how I got by without it. Really hangs onto notes and as others have said, the range control is phenomenal.

And I’ve been thinking seriously about getting another for my other board.

flantrax, Ramhead and zvonch like this.
  7. Blue Bee

Blue Bee Member

Do these have soft or click switch?

8. Johnny Fuzz

Johnny Fuzz Member

After playing with the Unit67 for a few days now, this is what I would say: as a treble booster, it can do exactly what you want a rangemaster-style pedal to do, DEPENDING on how you really use your vintage treble booster. For slamming an already overdriven amp/od-pedal to get more gain and mid range, yes the Unit67 can do the same thing. I’m talking 70’s-style hard rock riffing. But it is not a germanium transistor treble booster, so it will not act exactly like one when you adjust the volume on your guitar nor is it necessarily as sweet sounding as some of the best vintage germanium treble boosters. For what it’s worth, I did take a treble booster (and a comp) off my board when I got the Unit67. I still do use a treble booster on my other board. The Unit67 is such a great and versatile pedal, that I would recommend it for every single guitar player. It just makes everything sound better, no matter what you use it for. So, it’s not 100% vintage germanium treble booster-like, but can replace one, if you use it for other stuff too.

9. louisnd

louisnd Member

Finally ordered mine last Friday night. On its way to Canada; I can't wait to try it after all the good reviews, comments and videos I've seen so far.
    As a owner of the Vibe Machine (v2) - I can only expect awesomeness :)

flantrax and Ramhead like this.
  10. louisnd

louisnd Member

I finally had some time to play with it this morning.

The boost does exactly what you would expect from a booster. I was concern with the button tension from the reviews: I feared it would be too loose - but after playing with it, the tension is just right.

The EQ section is just perfect to fine tune your tone. Turning the knobs will impact your global output as well. Sometimes I find my tone a little dull, flat; as my guitar just lost something after a while so this section will push some shimmer in my tone.

Finally, the compressor. I would have bought the Unit67 only for the compressor as it is just perfect. No matter how you dial the know, on high or low switch, you always end up with the right amount of sustain/attack/compression.

Paired with the Vibe Machine, it just makes magic.
    Fantastic job guys.

11. Luke V

Luke V Member

I've had mine for a 6 weeks and really love it. It truly has THAT sound. The range control can really wake up a neck humbucker and the compressor takes it to another level. You can easily dial in that 70's classic/hard rock tone. The pedal feels great too, just makes playing more fun.

12. Blue Bee

Blue Bee Member

Does it have a soft momentary bypass switch???

13. NicDo

NicDo Member

Cannot wait to see what comes out from DryBell next.
    They're doing great things over in Croatia!

5cr33nager, zvonch, NamaEnsou and 3 others like this.
  14. Johnny Fuzz

Johnny Fuzz Member

For me this is the best pedal of 2018.

Bogner, zvonch, Ramhead and 1 other person like this.
  15. flantrax

flantrax Supporting Member

I've had mine for about a month now. Freakin' awesome pedal. One of the few compressors I've owned that works great in a loud band setting.

The buffer is really nice. I run mine first in the chain. Great always on pedal. I could easily see having 2 on your board due to its versatility.

Another winner from Drybell.

Luke V, zvonch and Ramhead like this.
  16. louisnd

louisnd Member

It is halfway between EHX (hard - very clicky) and TC Electronic (soft - no click) : you just have the right feeling of activating it.

17. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place...

It actually sounds great but I'd love them to do a Deluxe version where you could switch the Comp and Rangemaster side of things independently. I wouldn't care if it was a little bigger.

Luke V and jeffinaustin like this.
  18. kenoflife

kenoflife Supporting Member

Love it -
    for my needs replaced a Diamond Comp and the Benson Preamp Pedal (which I was using only for its lower gain and eq).

Been on the search forever for something to kind of replicate or better my Diamond Comp/Klon combination for compression and clean boost
    especially with telecasters... but also something that could work with switching to a P90/Humbucker and not overaccentuate the mids. By
    using the range control and eq thats possible here.

zvonch and Ramhead like this.
  19. louisnd

louisnd Member

True, it's like the best friend of Telecasters; it really does improve their overall sound.

Ramhead likes this.
  20. CarlGuitarist

CarlGuitarist Member

Interested in this pedal. Would it make sense to use this after my other drives as a solo boost?