DryBell Unit67 has arrived!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rkharper, Sep 19, 2018.

1. CarlGuitarist

CarlGuitarist Member

Interested in this pedal. Would it make sense to use this after my other drives as a solo boost?

2. Johnny Fuzz

Johnny Fuzz Member

You can definitely do that.

3. josiahmac

josiahmac Member

What about the Jackson Audio Bloom? Anyone tried both?

4. Ramhead

Ramhead Member

Yes it makes a lot of sense, you can tweak a lot of different settings to make it sound great, before or after any drive..

ejecta likes this.
  5. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009 Silver Supporting Member

can the unit67 go before fuzzes pedals? or will the buffer interfere with them?

6. 5cr33nager

5cr33nager Member

Where do you put the pedal in your pedal chain?​

7. louisnd

louisnd Member

after the Wah, before my Vibe Machine and Drives/OD

8. Phosphenetre

Phosphenetre Member

Also interested.

9. TheKermitC

TheKermitC Member

So what’s the general feedback for this pedal?

10. Marco78

Marco78 Member

I'm very finicky with my gear and generally don't like what I try: for example I have Revival Drive (for a lot of guys is the best ever overdrive unit) at my home but I don't like it.
    The Unit67 is awesome piece of gear, if you turn it on you can't turn it off anymore. I don't like pedal like MXR Dynacomp or Boss CS2, but this kind of compressor is a real jewel, don't decrease the dynamic of your gear. Get it and you won't be disappointed.

adamajah, Ramhead and TheKermitC like this.
  11. TroyHamilton

TroyHamilton Supporting Member

I’ve never been a compressor user but mine is now always on as well. It’s subtle, unless you use a lot of boost of course, but just adds something I like.

Ramhead, Marco78 and TheKermitC like this.
  12. louisnd

louisnd Member

tl;dr : its the most efficient compact tone tweak box. Once its on, it stays on.

Ramhead, Marco78 and TheKermitC like this.
  13. ranchofm

ranchofm Member

For me, it's like Marco78 said, if you turn it on you can't turn it off anymore. It livens up your tone and gives you some bounce and sustain to work with. Before the Unit67, I was using a Pettyjohn Chime and Barber Tone Press to accomplish the same thing. Both of those pedals are excellent, but the Unit67 is a more streamlined and effective solution.

14. pulse.

pulse. Silver Supporting Member

I got mine yesterday and I cannot wait 'till my next rehearsal. Excellent tones from this versatile beast.

15. thesjkexperienc

thesjkexperienc ^^^ I made this guitar^^^ Supporting Member

This might break my year long pedal purchase fast. Wish it ran on a battery for jams.

16. realdealblues

realdealblues Supporting Member

Just ordered one today. Hoping I will love it and that it will work for what I want to do.

I wanted a compressor to kick the clean channel of my amp much the way Andy Timmons does with just a little bit of compression and a nice volume boost to hit the preamp stage. I'm not looking for the chicken pickin' squish, just a little something that still has dynamics but with a little compression/sustain, but also in doing so I want something with a little EQ that I can maybe fatten up my single coils a little bit. I was looking at the Xotic SP, and Wampler Mini Ego and the new MXR Dynacomp Mini and then thinking about running a mini clean boost pedal, but this seems like it might do everything I want in one pedal without having to use a boost pedal and a separate compressor so this seems like the logical pedal choice for me. Here's to hoping...

Grant Ferstat and Ramhead like this.
  17. thesjkexperienc

thesjkexperienc ^^^ I made this guitar^^^ Supporting Member

When you turn off the eq with the switch does that also turn off the Range knob?

18. louisnd

louisnd Member

tl;dr yes
    from the manual :

EQ (toggle switch) 4
    With the EQ switch you can engage/bypass the Unit67's EQ section. The EQ section contains 3 controls: RANGE, LOW and HIGH. The EQ section is engaged on position "1" or hard bypassed on position "0". This switch is useful for exploring the tonal differences between the engaged/bypassed EQ section. Also, if you want to use the compressor feature on its own, you can keep the EQ switch off.
    Note: Combining EQ and BOOST can result with a maximum pedal gain of 41dB in the mid-range frequency spectrum.

19. ljholland

ljholland Silver Supporting Member

Mine just arrived - very nice sounding pedal. It really adds a nice zing to my tone....but the sound into a dirty amp or an OD pedal is phenomenal!

Ramhead and NamaEnsou like this.
  20. Luca1979

Luca1979 Supporting Member

Hey guys,
    still loving the Unit67?

Would love to hear any new thoughts, where in the chain are you using it, how does it compare with other boosts/comps.