1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

DTuna Question / Problem?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by guitkrazy, May 23, 2011.

1. guitkrazy

guitkrazy Member

I finished up my EVH Kramer (Long story short- I bought a kit and built it) I put a DTuna on the Floyd Rose (Not Original a cheapie Lic Floyd Rose that came with the kit) I have it blocked so it only goes down and suprisingly the guitar holds tune very well- but the DTuna when tuned to d is fine, but when I push it in to go to E it is flat, I fine tune it with the allen screw on the Dtuna and it goes all the way down to the guitar body makinig it impossible to switch back and forth. I am thinking that the Floyd Rose cheapie mite be the culprit. I own an original EVH with the Gotoh and put a Dtuna on that with no problems and I also own a couple Wolfgangs- this is the first problem I have ever had with a Dtuna. Does anyone have any input or suggestions? I greatly appreciate it!

2. H Golf Sport

H Golf Sport Supporting Member

Don't know if your Floyd could be contributing to the problem but d tunas some times need a little work. Problem is the inner surface of the piece that slides back and forth on the bolt. If you remove the bolt and spring you can see casting marks and too much / sloppy chrome finish on the inner surface. File till smooth and the piece will slide up and down on the bolt nicely without hanging up. Last 2 d tunas I bought had this problem. Takes very little filing with a needle file.
    Hope this solves your problem.

3. guitkrazy

guitkrazy Member

That makes sense why it would be flat- I checked everything and replaced the different saddle screws, but did not check the inside of the Dtuna- I will check it out tonite. Thanks so much HGolf! Hope this is the fix!

4. H Golf Sport

H Golf Sport Supporting Member

Did you ever sort this out?

5. Bryan29

Bryan29 Member

I hate to bump from beyond but my new DTuna is giving me this exact problem.

What is the solution?

This is it installed tuned to D

[​IMG]

This is the DTuna engaged only tuned to Eb

[​IMG]

And this is the closest I can get to E, but the DTuna won't move at all with the set screw this tight.

[​IMG]