Dual Delay Demo

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by nibus, Jan 8, 2008.

1. nibus

nibus Silver Supporting Member

I just got my recording stuff set back up last night so I through down a little demo using two delay units - the first is a Maxon AD-9 split wet/dry into my Eventide TimeFactor.

I aplogize for the pops in the recording - I'm having some issues with Sonar lately.

Listen here

2. jbgordon

jbgordon Member

I love that man. Thats very similar to the things that I like to do as well.

I like your bands stuff as well. Kinda the same sound as the band I'm in.

What did you use to record? It sounds great.

3. nibus

Thanks jb, I have a stock AC30 on the left side, and a Fender DeVille on the right. Playing through a early 90's epiphone (before they got crappy IMO) with Seymore pups installed.

As far as pedals I'm going through a Tone Press > Durham Sex Drive > Gaspedals Carb (boost mode) > Psionic Audio Triad > Maxon AD-9 > Timefactor > BBE Sonic Stomps

4. jbgordon

jbgordon Member

What are your impressions of the timefactor? Did you have a DL-4 before or something like that?

5. nibus

Yes, I had a DL-4 before the time factor. The Timefactor is so much more tweakable and versatile. The dual delay feature is amazing, the sound quality is better, there's 20 presets, and its smaller to boot. There are only a couple things that I liked better about the DL-4:

1) I liked the "lo res" setting on the DL-4 for long diminishing repeats
    2) On the DL-4 you can set the delays to be much louder than the dry signal. On the Timefactor, you have to bring the dry signal down to bring the wet signal louder. Thats the main issue I have with it.

So far the benefits far out-weigh the cons

6. greatbigz

greatbigz Member

nice job. would make an excellent intro to a song.

7. riker4208

riker4208 Member

Hey Nibus,
    What patch on the eventide is that? I'm borrowing one from a friend and paging through all the effects. Sounds nice. Do you only use yours for recording then?

8. nibus

The Eventide is set to Digital Delay at 50% dry / 50% wet with dotted 8th note repeats. I use the eventide for everything - live, recording, practice, etc. You have to be careful to remember where all your patches are saved when you play live though!

9. riker4208

riker4208 Member

Thanks for the reply, so do you route all of your effects through a midi controller or just the eclipse patches. I have some favorite effects that I'd like to continue using with the eclipse, seems like it could take some time to setup with my other gear.

10. mild

mild Member

Sounds great Nibus. To confirm: This is an Eclipse, or a Timefactor? Your OP says Eclipse, prior posts say Timefactor. :)

PS: Have you tried Beta 2 yet? The mix control is far improved... :AOK

11. nibus

Sorry guys, I'm retarded. Its a time Factor - i WISH I had an eclipse... It must have been my sub-conscious self manifesting it's desires...