Dual Delay?

PianoMan

Silver Supporting Member
I just purchased a TC Electronics Nova Delay thinking that it's dual delay feature would act like two stacked delays, but it seems I misunderstood the feature. In stereo it works as I thought it would, but in mono (like I use it) it "sums" the delay time and creates a strange repeat pattern that isn't close to what I'm looking for.

Do any of you know of a pedal that will do a dual delay (quarter note and dotted eighth note) in mono that also has tap tempo? Or is there a way to make the Nova delay do this?

PianoMan

Silver Supporting Member
I figured. I'm just hoping that there is an option that isn't so expensive...

PianoMan

Silver Supporting Member
Well, I've read up on the timefactor and it seems to be a good solution to my problem, if an expensive one.

I would still like to get one bit of clarification on how it works in regards to my needs before I go spending that much money though. Can anyone confirm that the tap tempo on the timefactor controls both delays simultaneously while they are set to different time intervals?

Roobin

Well, I've read up on the timefactor and it seems to be a good solution to my problem, if an expensive one.

I would still like to get one bit of clarification on how it works in regards to my needs before I go spending that much money though. Can anyone confirm that the tap tempo on the timefactor controls both delays simultaneously while they are set to different time intervals?

Yup, that's how it works. You can set each delay for a different interval though (quarter, etc) or to no delay at all. You can then mix these delays, in equal parts, all of one, or all of the other.

Roobin

Doesn't the dd20 do a dual delay mode? I don't own one, so I don't know much about it - could any dd20 owners help out here?

Isaiah4Autumn

Doesn't the dd20 do a dual delay mode? I don't own one, so I don't know much about it - could any dd20 owners help out here?

No...there is a dual delay but you make one short and one long...it's in mil secs not common note increments...sold me dd20 to finance my timefactor and never looked back...it's amazing

worth every penny...

"how did you get that delay?"

TIMEFACTOR...worth the cash :AOK

PianoMan

Silver Supporting Member
Two Boss DD-7s connected to one external tap tempo.

I thought about that, but the cost would not be much different then a timefactor. Might as well get the timefactor if I'm going to have to spend that much.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom