Dual expression pedal for Strymon & h9

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by daioni, Feb 6, 2015.

1. daioni

daioni Member

I'm looking for a dual input expression pedal that can be used to control my mobius and h9 (I'd consider a triple input, but I can't really see myself using it much for the timeline - so only if the price is right).

I've been trawling through old threads, but haven't found what I need yet. My problem is that I'm in Japan, so not everything is available, or available for a realistic price. I want to order locally.

So... If you can chime in with pedals you use and recommend, it would be much appreciated. If you can help me build a list of potential pedals, I can then search Amazon Japan or yahoo auctions for availability.

Cheers.

2. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

AMT EX50 works great.

3. cbm

cbm Silver Supporting Member

4. daioni

daioni Member

Can find amt gear listed, but not the ex50, I'll dig a bit deeper via google

Nada on the db

5. daioni

daioni Member

6. rck

rck Supporting Member

The Pigtronix Dual Expression Pedal made by Mission Engineering-has two inputs for simultaneous expression control and has 20k ohm pots, which both companies state is optimal for best performance (Eventide is more clear than Strymon on this).

-edited it has 20k

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  7. daioni

daioni Member

After a lot of searching, that seems to be the conclusion I've reached, and I've managed to find a local supplier for the pigtronix pedal.

8. taking tiger mtn

taking tiger mtn Member

I just got the dB dual axis, and it's the best expression pedal I've ever played. I'm using it via a Mission Expressionator so I can control 6 (!!!) pedals with it. It's absurd.

What's the issue with purchase in Japan? I know there are Japanese services to buy stuff there and ship here ... is there not a similar service? Get in touch with dB, they were very quick with shipping. Why wouldn't they ship overseas?

Fantastic pedal -- under the radar now but really shouldn't be for long.

9. taking tiger mtn

taking tiger mtn Member

I did not like the Pigtronix dual -- sorry to say -- the use of the Crybaby-style wah chassis really is a major design flaw for an expression pedal. Very little control for nuance. Short travel of the pedal is fine for a wah, but for expression I really can't stand it.

But to each his/her own, of course! Best wishes on your search.

10. rck

rck Supporting Member

hmmm, here is another dB model, though it looks like it has 50k pots (I wonder if dB will custom make one with 25ks?): http://dbinstrumentamp.com/drupal/content/m440se-stereo-expression-pedal

that is carried by Sound Root in Japan (which is noted in above link): http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/sound-root/

jeez, that is absurd....absurdly awesome though.

11. daioni

daioni Member

Past, painful experience with having to return mail damaged goods. It's just easy dealing locally (with super efficient delivery services). Occasionally, I'll make an exception (e.g. with Bondi Effects - which, to my surprise, came from Kentucky rather than Bondi!), but this purchase is at the 'nice to try level', rather than 'must have now' :D

I'm buying it primarily to experiment with the wah capabilities of the h9 and mobius, so hopefully that will work out nicely. Any other sonic exploration will just be icing on the cake.

Mr. Limbic likes this.
  12. daioni

daioni Member

13. thom_bjork

thom_bjork Member

14. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

15. Mr. Limbic

Mr. Limbic Member

I love the Pigtronix dual exp. like mentioned it is in a way enclosure but I use the wah on the H9'and I don't mind it at all for other effects like rotary, delay and verb. I use it to simultaneously control a tkmefactor and h9

16. thom_bjork

thom_bjork Member

Thanks.

I prefer the SP-2 since it controls one effect at a time - with a switch to choose which one - instead of both simultaneously. Seems a much better implementation, for me at least, and it's not branded with pigtronix (a plus in my book, since I don't have any pigtronix pedals to control).

17. CaseyI

CaseyI Member

18. mc_deli

mc_deli Member

19. rsmith601

rsmith601 Vendor

20. shanetram

shanetram Member