1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dude the Cactus Crunch Rules!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 58lespaulman, Aug 3, 2006.

1. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

All I can say it WOW!!! I've been through them all , and this one will blow you away right from the get go. I played with the band and I'll tell you this, it's a lot like the Klon as far as clean boost goes, but the overdrive is way like the TIM. So you have the best of both worlds. Man I am impressed. And I will be buying another very soon.

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net
    http://www.phensic.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wetanimal

2. Matt F

Matt F Member

Welcome to the CClub :AOK

3. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Supporting Member

i need one....you guys are bad...

4. ptdesign

ptdesign Handmade sonic art

The sound clips posted recently blew my mind.

5. b_rad

b_rad Member

Glad you dig. ;) Sorry I missed your phone call yesterday.

6. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Hey Brad, I called to say WOW!! The guys in my band made a comment about how good it sounded, and they never do that..This is a no brainer guys.

7. Matt F

Matt F Member

+ 1

The Cactus Crunch is an unreal pedal. I agree on the sound of the clean boost being top notch. And the OD is very Tim-like. I love this pedal and it has a very, very fair price tag.

Glad to see someone else was blown away by the CC :)

Great job George B.:AOK

8. guitardude5

guitardude5 Member

CC... Captain Crunch? :)
    [​IMG]

Just kiddin'. That's my brother. Cool pedal!

9. Franklin

Franklin Member

YOU GUYS ARE ALL G.A.S. INDUCING JERKS!!

I guess it's my fault for opening the thread......

:)

10. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Believe me, this is the smartest pedal buy I've made in a long time. It is very fair priced, and it sounds like a $400.00 pedal.. I'm lovin it.

11. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

Hmmmm, very interesting....

I'm tempted...

12. teleblaster

teleblaster Member

Hmmm,:crazy Oh no not again. I"ll bite!

13. Rollo Timbre

Rollo Timbre Member

I'm groovin' with mine. It has the perfect blend of clarity, dynamics, and feel. I'm seriously thinking of getting a second one.:drool

14. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

Were they posted in the Sound clips section? Was it the newest version?

15. GBlekas

GBlekas Supporting Member

Hello one and all,

I believe the clips refered to were done by the Gear Page's own Harry J. and can be found at the following thread.http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=153064&highlight=cactus+crunch

Harry didn't stop there and actually went on to use the CC while doing a gig with Smokin' Joe Bonamassa, for which I am greatly indebted to Harry.
    If you are reading this thank you so much Harry! You, sir, are a PRO!

Thank you one and all for the feedback on the CC as it has taken quite awhile to perfect and it's nice to know that somebody appreciates the hard work put in on a circuit.

You guys ROCK!

Regards,
    George

16. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Hey George, thank you for sticking it out with the many changes you put into this pedal. It now sounds freakin awesome. We played in Chicago last night and I got all kinds of comments about my guitar sound. I kept the Cactus Crunch on all night long, and never shut it off.. I'm getting two really soon.

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net
    http://www.phensic.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wetanimal

17. Troy T. Blues

Troy T. Blues Comstock Station

It is it a medium gain OD and I'm using mine with humbuckers exclusively. This OD is all about CLARITY, it is so clear, articulate and full sounding. The trick is to set the bass at about 3:00ish, which is about unity. Even if you crank the bass, it never gets flubby, it's stays tight. There is PLENTY of available treble as well and even if you turn it up, it never sounds harsh. It cuts through with authority. There is no hiding behind this OD, you will hear every note crystal clear. It doesn't sound boxy, there is no mid hump and it doesn't sound congested at all. Using the same old cliches doesn't do the CC justice because you just have to hear it to believe it, it's all that. There is nothing interfering with your base tone, it just greatly enhances it period.

Here are my settings:
    Drive 2:00
    Level 1-2:00
    Bass 3:00 ish
    Treble 10:00 ish.
    Mostly Gibsons through Super Reverbs (RI and a '66), or a '68 Deluxe Reverb. I think it would work great with Marshall style amps too because it is SO OPEN. I'm gonna have to try it with my Marshall at some point.

Man, I have dialed in some of the sweetest tones I've ever heard by working with the guitars volume & tone knobs, it works so damn well! The more and more I use it, the more and more I'm blown away. Cleans up like nobody's business...I have tried many top notch OD's and this one is a complete standout. If you want to check out something different from the same old Tubescreamer type, OD's, this is the one.

18. drolling

drolling Member

I need another medium gain OD like I need an extra hole in my head, but, of course, I'm interested.

So how's the CC with single-coils? After my experience with the Zendrive, I'm more sensitized to the big difference a pickup can make, as that pedal did not work (for me) with most of the guitars I own.

19. Matt F

Matt F Member

Check out Harry's clips they are pretty representative of what the CC sounds like with my strat. Funny thing for me is the pedal sounds nothing like the name implies for my use. Awesome cleanish boost that is soo.. um.. so hard to put into words. I have to use articulate and uncompressed. The CC is nothing like a zendrive IMO. Think of it more like a Cactus-Klon.

Hope that helps, Matt :)

20. Slick51

Slick51 Colonel Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

Northwest Corner of NC, 5 mi from MerleFest
    Mine sounds a little like a TIM...???!!!:rotflmao :rotflmao

[​IMG]

Or was it this one? :jo

[​IMG]