Duesenberg D-caster

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Sammy, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Sammy

Sammy Member

I tried one in a couple of weeks a ago and it sounded amazing. Almost bought it but wasn't sure if the neck was a little narrow and thin for my liking, just wasn't sure!:worried

Anyone else got or tried one of these.

2. Sammy

Sammy Member

No one tried one of these!!:worried

3. 59refin

59refin Member

I've tried to play one, but no one has a clue where to try 'em in this area.

4. Sammy

Sammy Member

All I can say is really super sound with those P90 type pups and that spring loaded bar that you could make sound like a wah was great. It was just the neck for me as I mainly like quite chunky sort of necks, will have to try another one.
    The Starplayer to me, which I also tried, had a much nicer full neck but I didn't think it sounded as good, which may have been due to the humbucker pickups that they have on, although it did have a real set of crappy strings on, which could have made quite a difference!

5. jellyfishstu

jellyfishstu Member

I played one in a shop in Santa Cruz. Very cool guitars and have a kind of unique vibe to them with the toggle bar, didn't strike me as a must have guitar though.

6. DF1

DF1 Member

Played a D-Caster at the last Dallas Guitar Show. Absolutely fell in love with it.
    I already own a V-Caster and it's great too. Duesenbergs play and sound excellent!

7. RossNRoll

RossNRoll Member

We have a white d-caster at Sound Pure. I love the volume swell feature! and those pickups really scream, but also clean up nice. funky styling. definitely cool in my book!

Did you decide to get one??