Duesenberg DMC Mike Campbell Review

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by trpullen, Feb 6, 2008.

1. trpullen

trpullen Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

I got my Doozie DMC a couple weeks ago and have had time to spend with it. Here is my humble review.

It is an amazing machine. I love the P90 combo with the humbucker. I was playing it this weekend and would drop up to the neck for verses and back to the bridge for choruses and WOW....the same amp setting cleans up nicely with just enough grit on the P90 but it retains important high end. Flip the switch to the bridge and get out of the way, it is coming through. Kinda like a Cobra Shelby in that respect. :)

The Bigsby redesign works really well. The neck is bigger (chunkier) than my PRS wide-thin .... but I expected that. It is still very comfortable and it has great string tension. All in all, a great piece of work. I have gotten a lot of comments about it. People are attracted to it. :)

I would easily do it again.

2. Droptop

Droptop Supporting Member

Can you get some Gretsch tone's with it? How do you like the Bigsby on it? Is it useable? I've played some where the Bigsby arm height didn't really allow for much use at all.

3. Dave Orban

Dave Orban Gold Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Well, they look cool as hell, for whatever that's worth. LOL!

4. trpullen

I have not tried for the George Harrison or Setzer tones yet. I will report back.

I love the Bigsby on it. I will try to shoot a pic or two of the height of it in comparison to the strings. It is in a usable location for me.

5. ronin32

ronin32 Member

Looks like a sweet looking guitar. Any sound clips?

6. trpullen