Duke Levine, Kevin Barry, Club d'Elf

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by RickC, Apr 18, 2015.

1. RickC

RickC Gold Supporting Member

Just found this. Great example of what the Club d'Elf experience is all about. And as an added treat, Duke and Kevin are sitting in (which they do quite often, but it's still special when they do).

Yeah, it's long. The songs go places, they just take their time getting there. In case you're wondering, yeah they both rip off a good one. But you have to wait; or not. But in life, the journey's the thing. Anyway, it's pretty tasty throughout.

/rick

2. tapeworm

tapeworm Supporting Member

I got to see Kevin and Duke playing with Dennis Brennan at the Lizard Lounge back in October. I was totally blown away. I had heard so much about Duke and he didn't disappoint: he guy is simply phenomenal. He just makes that Telecaster sing and has so many different styles mixed into his playing. But, on this night Kevin stole the show. My girlfriend and I were sitting 4 feet from him as he proceeded to amaze us every time he took a solo or added some beautiful lap steel line into the rhythm section. Really nice guy too, he talked to us all night. That was one of the best shows I have seen in a while and quite a memorable night.

:aok

3. Gas-man

Gas-man Unrepentant Massaganist

Felt great until the sax player started in.

He sounded really out of tune at first there--not good note choices.

Duke had such a nice little slow simmer going.

Oh well I will keep listening.

4. kurt1981

kurt1981 Supporting Member

I love duke's playing, and it's always great to hear him with club d'elf, I feel like he gets to stretch out more. H really plays some amazing and beautiful stuff!