Dumble + Eminence =

aeolian

Last couple of Robben Ford tours? Maybe his experience is different, but he's been using Eminence Tonkers for awhile now. And for anyone who's heard him live, his rig is loud on stage. If there was a "cone cry" or other problem, they'd be outa there.

Same for me. I put the Tonkers in a couple of months before Daved Kohls put them in RF's rig. No problems, just tone that everyone asks about.

Just goes to show. Different things work differently for different people.

Why people have to try to impose what works for them (or doesn't) as an absolute is the mystery.

"I may have changed my opinion, but not the fact that I am right" Attributed to Ashleigh Brilliant

Macaroni

Last couple of Robben Ford tours? Maybe his experience is different, but he's been using Eminence Tonkers for awhile now. And for anyone who's heard him live, his rig is loud on stage. If there was a "cone cry" or other problem, they'd be outa there.
Not to beat a dead horse :horse but the cone cry issues almost always happen when playing a single speaker AND using the neck pickup in the higher registers with OD. Robben never uses the neck pickup for OD solos AFAIK. And the Tonkers were not the ones that most people had problems with, primarily because they are rated at 150W, and so are less likely to exhibit those problems, especially when using two of them.

Scott Peterson

TGP Co-Founder and Administrator
Staff member
In lieu of cluttering the board with crap... literally... why not use your time to a) fill it with real content that benefits the community or b) go play your guitar.

Signed, Voice of Reason.

:D

thelionsden

Originally posted by Scott Peterson
b) go play your guitar.

Signed, Voice of Reason.

:D
I don't think I can stand to hear that riff I know even one more time..I only bring it out for company... :D

fatback

Dumble + Eminence = one Trainwreck of a thread!:p

"All the better... for me to poop on!" (-Triumph- (Leon)- the comic insult dog_)

hasserl

Originally posted by riffmeister
Hey man, I like the way you use corn for texture!!

<famous quote>
Cheech and Chong, the two dogs. One of them was Ralph or something, right? Don't remember the other one.

That was good comedy!

"Man, that poodle's always in heat!"

G

glasman

Originally posted by hasserl
Cheech and Chong, the two dogs. One of them was Ralph or something, right? Don't remember the other one.

That was good comedy!

"Man, that poodle's always in heat!"

If I remember correctly that other dog was HERBY. Man that is from high school days. Think the poodle was Fi Fi....

Trending Topics