Dumble SSS for sale on ebay - Quite Humorous!

solitaire

I asked if I can pick up the amp with cash and got this response:

Thanks for the Email, it is a Black one Like SRVs, It was made for a Major Artist, used on platnium records. Entertaining north of $125k, if interested in buying it I will send you pics.Thanks,Gary
I would certainly ask for pictures. I'm in the wrong part of the world to do so myself so I'm rather hoping for one of you Americans to. ;)

dmessick

I asked if I can pick up the amp with cash and got this response:

Thanks for the Email, it is a Black one Like SRVs, It was made for a Major Artist, used on platnium records. Entertaining north of $125k, if interested in buying it I will send you pics.Thanks,Gary
This is the exact same response I got from him when I asked for pictures. I replied asking again for pics so we'll see if he comes through...

-analog-

Lately there has been a few SSS or "SSS" labeled amps popping up on ebay, I doubt strongly that any of them are accurate to the original...
especially this "0" ebay guy has, its probably a scam.
Dr.D wouldn't waste his time putting one on ebay...

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
is there an actual reason a legit seller wouldn't want to post a picture of the actual amp? like maybe people could recognize it as being a particular one with a particular history (like the way it's a good idea to not show the entire serial number of a guitar you're selling)?

voodoosound

Funk & Grooven member
Gold Supporting Member
is there an actual reason a legit seller wouldn't want to post a picture of the actual amp? like maybe people could recognize it as being a particular one with a particular history (like the way it's a good idea to not show the entire serial number of a guitar you're selling)?
The reason I do it is so you can determine if the potential "buyer" is serious or not. For example, if I were going to buy this particular amp. I would let the seller know I am local to so cal and (I have the money). Why should he bother sending pics to a bunch of knuckleheads that are most likely not serious. It's very easy to weed people out that are not serious. If I list something for sale and describe exactly what it is to a tee especially on this forum where I am know and get nothing but "can I see a pic" Then I know the person is most likely not a real buyer. If however says he I know what it is I am very interested asks questions about the amp and then says if you have pics that would be cool. Then I know most likely the potential buyer is serious.

Most repsonses regarding Dumbles and high end gear lately are just picture collectors. FYI

Ampegasaur

The reason I do it is so you can determine if the potential "buyer" is serious or not. For example, if I were going to buy this particular amp. I would let the seller know I am local to so cal and (I have the money). Why should he bother sending pics to a bunch of knuckleheads that are most likely not serious. It's very easy to weed people out that are not serious. If I list something for sale and describe exactly what it is to a tee especially on this forum where I am know and get nothing but "can I see a pic" Then I know the person is most likely not a real buyer. If however says he I know what it is I am very interested asks questions about the amp and then says if you have pics that would be cool. Then I know most likely the potential buyer is serious.

Most repsonses regarding Dumbles and high end gear lately are just picture collectors. FYI

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

memberzonly

Silver Supporting Member

I guess I fall into the cautious buyer camp. I have plenty of cash to spend on gear. I like to know that the seller actually possesses the item in question. I will commonly ask for photos specific to my needs. It also verifies, to me, that the seller is truly in possession of the item.

Whether or not he wants to send pictures is at his discretion. Sure there are plenty of tire kickers, that's part of the deal. But if someone is unwilling to send me photos outright because they feel I might be a tire kicker, no harm, no foul, I don't need their gear and obviously they don't need my $$$$.

xjojox

Tardis-dwelling wanker
All good comments. I don't think I buy into it though. If he really was serious and trying to be discreet, he wouldn't have written the description the way he did. It's way too "omigosh", like a teen girl wrote it. Then again maybe he's just a bad writer or spent too much time in San-Fran in the late 60's.

I considered whether it could be Eric Johnson's but last time I saw some of his stuff for sale there were pictures. He wasn't named in the ad, but it was stenciled on some of the road cases in the pix.

Rex Nomad

If you had a real Dumble that was worth 50-100K, you wouldn't post it on Ebay. You would most likely use private channels and sell it discretely to a rock star, producer, recording studio, or millionaire and no one would ever know about it. I would guess this is bogus.

jbd3

Please Don't Sell Me Any More Gear
Gold Supporting Member
anyone know what happened to this amp? did it get sold to a guy in Nigeria who needed a wire transfer to get money from a deposed prince?

jbd3

Please Don't Sell Me Any More Gear
Gold Supporting Member
maybe someone here bought it?? Ahem.

Trending Topics