1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dumble style amp

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by paul1122, Feb 14, 2009.

1. paul1122

paul1122 Member

Hey Guys & Gals
    I am want to try a amp that sounds like a Dumble. I know he kept his secrets, but somebody must have come close. I have listen to sound clips, but there are so many factors involve. Guitar player, guitar used, effects, recording mic, recording gear, computers, and my speakers at home. Therefore, it sound good, but I am not feeling the amp move air. any suggestions?
    Thanks

2. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Member

Look in one section down in the "amps & cabs" section. Do a search for Two Rock or Fuchs. Plenty of info.

3. CharAznable

CharAznable Member

About 50% of all posts on this forum are about this same topic. That, or John Mayer.

4. paul1122

paul1122 Member

Hey People
    Don't listen to that John Mayer hater. He's just mad, because he wants a Dumble and John Mayer is buying them all up. Keep the replies coming

5. flyingvees

flyingvees Member

My order has been placed for the River city magic aka rockytop electronics version that is supposedly all versions of the dumble ods in one...I will be doing a complete clip and vid review...

6. bilbal

bilbal Member

Contact Brandon at Bludotone, Gary at Glaswerks, Andy Fuchs at Fuchs Audio Technology, Shad at Quinn Amplification, Bill or Joe at Two-Rock, to name a few for starters. Not to come off crass, but if you can't find something to your liking with one of those guys, give up your search and look for a different kind of amp. They're some of the "big boys" as they say.

Good luck,
    Bill

7. BDUNN

BDUNN Supporting Member

You might have better luck posting this in the "amps and cabs" section BTW.

Good luck.

8. paul1122

paul1122 Member

Guys
    lighten up. It's in the wrong section. I get it. Does the TGP self-destruct when this happens. Maybe I'll put all my threads in the wrong section and blow your minds. On the other hand, thanks guys for for the real feedback. I will check the suggestions and let you know what I think. And for you other clowns, I am going to start a new daily tread. I'll call it " Tribute to John Mayer and Dumble".

9. BDUNN

BDUNN Supporting Member

We are just trying to help.. As for the "clowns" comment, maybe it is time for you to find a new site to use incorrectly. We are just trying to assist you. Here is some "real" feedback... run a search.

10. Eagle1

Eagle1 Member

Fuchs sound nothing like to me.

11. pfrischmann

pfrischmann Member

Bludo seems to have the Dumble thing down.

BTW,
    This belongs in the amp section.....:horse

12. bilbal

bilbal Member

Personally, the Bludotones I have played through were killer. My buddy has them dialed in so well. Try the Bludotone site. Under sounds, you will find some clips that you may like (use the link I provided). Brandon's amps are the real deal Paul - seriously check them out. I can try to help if you want to contact me via pm - if you have questions. I give it a shot.

13. daddyo

daddyo Guest

Do a search - just type in "Dumble." There have been a number of in-depth threads with extensive shootouts and even good clips of real Dumbles. The thread with a link to Peter Leche is one of the most recent.

14. Londoncalling

Londoncalling Member

+1 on search. there is a TON of info on D style amps, clips, impressions, tests and enough soap opera to keep it all interesting.

15. CharAznable

CharAznable Member

My point is:

There are *TRILLIONS* of threads on this, and a simple search would have given you tons of information posted by tons of "clowns".

Just trying to help, you know.

And I don't hate John Mayer.

16. Austinrocks

Austinrocks Member

17. paul1122

paul1122 Member

No insults intended. Just joking around. Thanks for the help