DUMBLE! Two Rock, Fuchs, Ford....

Tag

Gold Supporting Member
I was just downstairs playing both my Fuchs and TwoRock. I am going to sell both of them. :eek: I do not care for these types of tones anymore anyway. Im sure you are all very relieved. :D

:cool:

Mike

Now THAT I respect. Do your thing.

Mike

P.S. - Not too many Brunos in these parts. I'd like to see what the "buzz" is all about. The clips don't do it for me, but I bet it's different playing through one, and dialing it in to one's own tastes.

mude

Silver Supporting Member
Wow. This will be the end of an era for you Tag. Glad you have found stuff you like even better.

Evan.

mountain blues

Supporting Member
Originally posted by Tag
I was just downstairs playing both my Fuchs and TwoRock. I am going to sell both of them. :eek: I do not care for these types of tones anymore anyway. Im sure you are all very relieved. :D

Nah — just happy for you that you are evolving as a musician.

Originally posted by Tag

Ain't necessarily so...depends on how much thought you've given to this and if these are tools as opposed to toys,what will you get to replace them....just a thought,as it took me along time to figure out what worked for me(and now it works well,thanks). :cool:

larrylover

I am suggesting you are being generous. Which is consistent with the tenor of your postings on this board which I recall.

Tag

Gold Supporting Member
Originally posted by GDS Racing
I don't believe it. I think TAG is pulling our legs. :D
Nope. In plain Tag talk, the Brunos flat out KILL them. :)

Tag

Gold Supporting Member
Originally posted by larrylover
Not really. To each his own.
Agreed. If you do not like the clips at the Bruno web site, you will not like them in person either. They are DEAD on the money. :dude

Mike

I am suggesting you are being generous. Which is consistent with the tenor of your postings on this board which I recall.
In almost all cases I do try to be nice, but I do know that in the case of Two-Rocks, the dialing, tube complement, and speakers for that matter, change things pretty dramatically.

I had a Rambler for a brief time, and I loved the tone from it. If they made a 100 watt version of that amp, with the same feel, I'd be all over it. I needed more clean headroom. Now I have a 100 watt Sig, which solved the problem nicely. Having said that, I hear such overwhelming praise for the Brunos, I can't help but to be curious.

The superlatives I hear from Tag regarding the 45 and 22 lead me to believe I could be pretty happy with a CT100 and that 22.

But who knows? I do applaud Tag's migration to his "core" tones, if that's what he's suggesting. I only own 2 amps. Don't need 20....

Mike

Originally posted by ToneGurus
P.S. - Not too many Brunos in these parts. I'd like to see what the "buzz" is all about. The clips don't do it for me, but I bet it's different playing through one, and dialing it in to one's own tastes.
I think you are right. I know a guy who gigged a Bruno UG30. I jammed a few times with him. He'd had it for years - probably one of the earliest ones. Pretty good player.

He didn't sound that much like the clips on the site. Those all sound round and slick. This guy sounded more fiery than glowing and edge rather than sheen. Loads more traction and grip. If I knew that for sure he used that amp for recording I would point you at the recordings but I think he's used other amps for recording as well.

bluesdoc

Gold Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
So Tag, I'm curious.......... does this mean you're no longer enamored with those tones or that you get a better version of those tones with the Bruno(s)? Ie, do you use the Bruno to 'nail' Ford tones or do you just not go there anymore??

jon

Trending Topics