Dumble with chassis pics on ebay!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by guitarpkr76, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Boomer

Boomer Member

Not anymore! HAD must be watching.

2. C.B. Hebb

C.B. Hebb Member

3. Boomer

Boomer Member

I don't really give a damn about looking at the chassis itself since I wouldn't know what I'm looking at and the Fuchs covers that tonal palette for me. I was just amused that the auction was pulled within minutes of the original post in this thread. Hmmm, think there's a connection? :eek:

4. guitarpkr76

guitarpkr76 Guest

Not of a Winterland. I've never seen chassis pics of a Winterland.

5. guitarpkr76

guitarpkr76 Guest

I'm still seeing it. Go to ebay and search for Dumble. My link is probably broke.

6. tiptone

tiptone Silver Supporting Member

Looks like eBay is doing something weird with the "search results" link.

working link

7. JWR

JWR Member

There is STILL nothing wired better than a Hiwatt DR103.

8. Boomer

Boomer Member

This is the same one that's listed in the Amp Emporium. ModEdit: we don't critique members' pricing practices, even outside the Emporia.

9. jonny guitar

jonny guitar Member

Looks just like the inside of my late 60's Traynor, and the outside is pretty ugly. I realize that the price is for the tone but I expected more.

10. Liquid Ranger

Liquid Ranger Supporting Member

The fact of the matter is, the Winterland does one thing very well.....loud. As for it sharing anything tonally with an ODS or a SSS, pure fiction. Dumble's early adventures into amplifiers were hit or miss at best. I owned something called a Dumble Small Special for a while, early Santa Cruz, crude cosmetics like the Winterland pictured, 2 EL34's...and.....nothing "special" about it whatsoever. B

11. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

seems more like a bass amp, no?

12. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Member

That's a pretty interesting amp. I haven't gotten real in depth, but it looks like the phase inverter is a cathodyne inverter into a pair of drivers. Like a capacitor coupled SVT (no cathode follower). It also looks like there might be an ultralinear tap being used. I wonder if the output tube sockets and some of the resistors in that area are original.

I've read that the steel string singer is a blackface preamp on an SVT type power amp. This amp is probably along the same lines. I'm sure it sounds pretty nice, even though whoever pays $30k for it, probably will be buying as an investment more than an amp to play.

13. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

Fender on Super Steroids which I've seen a few Boogies like that in the past.

No secrets no magic fairy dust. Have you ever seen the Fender Studio Bass 1x15 Combo. All tube mother of Bass Power with 6 6L6's that for Mesa has transformed into a power relieving 12 6L6's today.

The biggest flaw with the Fender was the cab then Boggie perfected it and made an unbelievable cab to go with it. Instant massive Thunder. Plug a guitar into it and go figure. To me thats not where the gypsy lives though.:BOUNCE :BOUNCE :BOUNCE :BOUNCE :BOUNCE :BOUNCE :BOUNCE :BOUNCE :BOUNCE :BOUNCE :BOUNCE :BOUNCE

14. theelectic

theelectic Guest

Easy, insertion fees. Start the bidding at $10,000 and you pay a big fee up front, leave it at a dollar, no fee. Though since there's a reserve on it, the seller got charged a big fee (percentage of reserve) anyway.

15. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

That's probably why D- doesn't want anyone to see it.

16. Boomer

Boomer Member

I didn't see any goop. Did I miss it or was this one pre-goop?

17. csanford

csanford Supporting Member

Good eyes Jackie! I think that the final driver is actually long-tail PI as the cathode is shared. Wonder why he didn't go whole-hog and use the dual CFs like the SVT does? Perhaps it was loud enough already... :)

Chris

18. riffmeister

riffmeister Gold Supporting Member

he wants $36K for it

19. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Member

Hey, Chris. You're probably right. I'm going have to take a closer look at those pictures. I'm not sure why he wouldn't go the full cathode follower route. From what I can determine on that power transformer it's 410 volts at 400ma 6.3 at 8 amps. So there's probably just enough heater current for another tube. But do you think 400 ma is enough for a quad of 6550's potentially running into ab2 if they were coupled through a cathode follower?