Dumblesque OD Pedal Sought...

zozoe29

Greetings, After a brief but thorough YT search, I'm super drawn to the original Vertex Ultraphonix Overdrive V1, 3 knobs... the MKII is also attractive but I like simple & effective... What I'm not certain of is if these are starting off on a Clean platform, & that pedal is the source of that cool harmonic grunge, & that it's not just a boost that's pushing a clipping amp into further OD... My platform will be be squeaky clean & I want the pedal to do it's thing on its own....

And if it takes a 9v battery... I'm getting mixed answers from the Ebay & Reverb seller,,, So either thier toast or Vertex changed it up??? The Beekeeper is also cool, but mire that I care to spend, & way too many controls..

Any help gratefully accepted, & my cap is under 200 bucks, & battery powered would be nice. Original MKI version in question, on the left..
Thnx in advance
Screenshot_20220511-161653_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

zozoe29

All very interesting takes,,, As a matter of fact, I caught a clip of that Rowin, & was rather impressed...
If any of the Vertex 'OD's truly qualify as ass, I want ME some ass!!
Pronto~ thnx all

kowalski440

Silver Supporting Member
Kindly describe exactly what 'ass' sounds like.... ??

Your initial post.

You won’t make any friends posting a Vertex thread.
And if you act like you don’t know how hated Vertex/Mason is here, that’s on you.

Last edited:

monty

Honestly, you are better off with a Rowin Dumbler or something of that nature. It's an excellent Zendrive copy and far cheaper than the Vertex, which I would avoid.
Been itching for some thing Dumblish, you have always given solid recs, going to order tonight!

JRockett DUDE is great, just doesn't respond to the guitar volume knob very well (doesn't clean up). Running an EQ into a blues-breaker type of pedal is a lot of fun and will get you into some cool dumble territory. In my experience Vertex stuff is very disappointing. They seem like more of a marketing company that targets your eye's rather than your ears. Play one in person before buying...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom