Duncan Ultimate humbuckers in da house

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by HHB, Aug 14, 2004.

1. HHB

HHB Member

I got a hold of a pair of Duncan Ultimates machine wound humbuckers, I say machine wound cause these are wound to the same specs as the Ultimate handwound Seymour did for Hamers Ultimate Artist series only machine instead of hand ( I'm not sure I appreciate the difference, but anyway ) hand signed by SD himself! Gonna try them in my spruce top Hamer Monaco ( I still own this guitar, some thought that I sold it, I just could not part w/ it, a custom piece made for me ) report back soon, should be way cool!

ps they are gold and they would look better in my LP custom, hmm

2. HammyD

HammyD Supporting Member

Very cool! I recently stumbled upon the Hammer Newort Pro with the Spruce top. Sounds like it woudl be a remarkable guitar for the money as is your Monaco!

3. HHB

HHB Member

Hamers are amazing guitars , the most recent stuff is really outstanding

4. HammyD

HammyD Supporting Member

Since I have a strong prospect of a respectable day gig I have been searching for a guitar that would suit my needs-a single guitar.

I wanted mahogany back and neck, semi-hollow or thinline and a solid spruce top with humbuckers.

Well, there is the PRS which costs more than I have. And then there is the Benedetto Benny which costs more than most cars I owned in college... And then I stumble upon the Newport Pro for about $1500 NEW!

I started looking at Hamers as I remember Scott, Ben and yourself mentioning them. What a remarkable buy and according to all accounts remarkable even at twice the price.

Once I finish having my old Law Suite Era L5 setup with new pots, caps and a new nut I'll be ready to go. And then I can practice while saving for the NewPort.

5. voodoogreg

voodoogreg Member

I am jonsing for that ultimate artist bad! it sounds so good.i just can't afford it :eek: aren't the in the 4-6000k range? VDG

6. HHB

HHB Member

Yeah, thats retail, I know a guy selling a few on ebay, if you want private email me and I'll ask him what his best price is , used very little, near;y new, killer tone and appointments!

7. voodoogreg

voodoogreg Member

Hail Mary mother of God, the Lord is with thee.....................:D VDG

8. Shai`tan

Shai`tan Guest

"Hamers are amazing guitars , the most recent stuff is really outstanding"

I had a Hamer Chaparalle a few years back. Amazing guitar. shoulda kept it. lol I wonder why they don`t still have them as a production model? They rocked.

9. Frethog

Frethog Member

Heh heh...I just re-strung my old Hamer Chapparal today and was squealin' like old times. The volume pot sounds like sandpaper (can I fix that?) and the SD-59 in the bridge is half crusted in rust and corrosion (still sounded fine).

Which us how I found this old thread. I was searching for a bridge humbucker replacement.