1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Duncan Ultimate humbuckers in da house

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by HHB, Aug 14, 2004.

1. HHB

HHB Member

I got a hold of a pair of Duncan Ultimates machine wound humbuckers, I say machine wound cause these are wound to the same specs as the Ultimate handwound Seymour did for Hamers Ultimate Artist series only machine instead of hand ( I'm not sure I appreciate the difference, but anyway ) hand signed by SD himself! Gonna try them in my spruce top Hamer Monaco ( I still own this guitar, some thought that I sold it, I just could not part w/ it, a custom piece made for me ) report back soon, should be way cool!

ps they are gold and they would look better in my LP custom, hmm

2. HammyD

HammyD Member

Very cool! I recently stumbled upon the Hammer Newort Pro with the Spruce top. Sounds like it woudl be a remarkable guitar for the money as is your Monaco!

3. HHB

HHB Member

Hamers are amazing guitars , the most recent stuff is really outstanding

4. HammyD

HammyD Member

Since I have a strong prospect of a respectable day gig I have been searching for a guitar that would suit my needs-a single guitar.

I wanted mahogany back and neck, semi-hollow or thinline and a solid spruce top with humbuckers.

Well, there is the PRS which costs more than I have. And then there is the Benedetto Benny which costs more than most cars I owned in college... And then I stumble upon the Newport Pro for about $1500 NEW!

I started looking at Hamers as I remember Scott, Ben and yourself mentioning them. What a remarkable buy and according to all accounts remarkable even at twice the price.

Once I finish having my old Law Suite Era L5 setup with new pots, caps and a new nut I'll be ready to go. And then I can practice while saving for the NewPort.

5. voodoogreg

voodoogreg Member

I am jonsing for that ultimate artist bad! it sounds so good.i just can't afford it :eek: aren't the in the 4-6000k range? VDG

6. HHB

HHB Member

Yeah, thats retail, I know a guy selling a few on ebay, if you want private email me and I'll ask him what his best price is , used very little, near;y new, killer tone and appointments!

7. voodoogreg

voodoogreg Member

Hail Mary mother of God, the Lord is with thee.....................:D VDG

8. Shai`tan

Shai`tan Guest

"Hamers are amazing guitars , the most recent stuff is really outstanding"

I had a Hamer Chaparalle a few years back. Amazing guitar. shoulda kept it. lol I wonder why they don`t still have them as a production model? They rocked.

9. Frethog

Frethog Member

Heh heh...I just re-strung my old Hamer Chapparal today and was squealin' like old times. The volume pot sounds like sandpaper (can I fix that?) and the SD-59 in the bridge is half crusted in rust and corrosion (still sounded fine).

Which us how I found this old thread. I was searching for a bridge humbucker replacement.