Dunlop cry-babie' suck...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by semi-hollowbody, Feb 22, 2009.

1. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

...when trying to attach to a pedal board. I love the way this wah sounds, but man attaching it is a pain. Has anyone successfully velcroed a cry baby to their pedaltrain? I have to use the ties...

I could make a more sturdy base for it, and find screws that werent attached to rubber feet, to make it sit flat...

or maybe wah was meant to be placed on the floor :)

2. acwild

acwild Member

I've been trying to figure out a solution for this as well. As of now, it just sits on the Pedal Train. Maybe replacing the rubber feet with washers would lower the bottom profile enough use velcro?

3. VA_siCkBoy

VA_siCkBoy Member

4. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

Take the rubber feet off, replace with some other screws. it does the trick. or if you dont like that you can get a piece of wood that is tall enough to overcome the rubber feet and cut it to the size of the bottom of the wah minus the feet and use it as a riser and then velcro it to the board and then the wah to it.

5. TubeeTuberton

TubeeTuberton Member

For mine, before I really thought about it, I made some 90 degree metal L brackets and ran self tappers into my Crybaby on the side then self tappers into the pedalboard. 4 total, one on each corner. This worked for me and I never had on problem with the pedal falling off or anything like that. That is before I knew they had plates for this application.

6. wstsidela

wstsidela I'm bonafied Gold Supporting Member

7. mrface2112

mrface2112 Member

8. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Personally, I have homemade pedalboards (using metal Ikea shoe shelves, cut down to size) and one store bought that are all at angles...
    Plus they flex just a little bit, so I end up always putting wahs on the floor..I want them flat, and solid.

9. 155

155 Member

+1 cost about 30 cents, just remove the feet all together and attach the bottom woth screws and velcro on, very easy and cheap

10. Scott Auld

Scott Auld Staff Member

I like my wah down on the floor in a different spot from the rest of the pedal board, but I see wahs on boards all the time so I guess I'm an anomoly. :)

11. louderock

louderock Member

I took the bottom plate off of my Crybaby and laid it on top of my pedalboard. Then I marked the 4 screw hole locations and drilled small holes through my board. Bought some longer machine screws and attached the wah to my board from the bottom of the board. It's screwed down and isn't going anywhere.

12. eclipseall

eclipseall Member

Buy replacement screws that are the same size as the ones that come with the wah. Cut them in half so they will go all the way in. Apply velcro and attach.Thats what I did. Keep the orinal screws for when you decide to have it of board or sell it or whatever.

13. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

You are not alone. I change out wahs several times a night and they are all battery powered.Also I use it as sort of a platform when singing. They have their own case like the Fuzzface.:AOK

14. mrface2112

mrface2112 Member

I can totally understand that. I'm like that with my volume pedal.

besides, wahs and volume pedals take up a LOT of board real estate!

cheers,
    wade