Dunlop JH-F1, are there any differences in production runs? read on...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by DanHorse, Feb 15, 2012.

1. DanHorse

DanHorse Member

Because...

I had one with a mid brown board inside, kinda restrained on the hammerite finish, and sounded amazing. It got fried in a storm strike...

So...... just got a replacement. Sounds naff. Doesnt get nice and bright when rolling off the volume, sounds more farty and biased than the other too. THIS one looks different, has a more in your face hammerite job, thinner writing and a dark brown board inside. The wiring inside is not as tidy either.

So, did they 'revamp' it? or have i just got a dog in place of my fuzz royalty??

2. mmolteratx

mmolteratx Member

I think they dye the boards so it's natural that there are different colors. And the hammered powder coat can be inconsistent in tightness of the hammer/depth. There really shouldn't be any difference in tone. The transistors they use are very consistent and it's kind of hard to bias a silicon Fuzz Face wrong. You contacted Jeorge Tripps yet? He can probably tell you more. Also check the collector voltage on Q2 if you can.

3. DanHorse

DanHorse Member

Thanks for your reply!

How do i contact Jeorge?

EDIT: found him on Facebook, have messaged him.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012