• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Dunlop JP95 John Petrucci wah wah, demo by Pete Thorn

Anje

Silver Supporting Member
Wow that's a great sounding demo Pete, really demonstrates well in condition what that Wah can do; and it actually sounds like a great wah, I like the voicing I'm hearing too. It actually made me re-think of re-incorporating a wah in my rig, haven't had one for what... 8 years may be?

sinasl1

Silver Supporting Member
It's a unique enough wah, with it's deep voice, that if you have a standard sort of "higher voiced" wah, you could justify getting this for it's deep, throaty thing.

Anje

Silver Supporting Member
Pete, from your in hand experience how would you describe the difference between this "deep throaty" thing this wah has, and what you would get from switching the sweep of a regular crybaby/Vox wah towards the bass end of the pot course?
I used to fine-tune my old wah by playing with the pot course range depending on the tone I was looking for and this could change quite a lot how the wah was reacting with the rig.

sinasl1

Silver Supporting Member
Pete, from your in hand experience how would you describe the difference between this "deep throaty" thing this wah has, and what you would get from switching the sweep of a regular crybaby/Vox wah towards the bass end of the pot course?
I used to fine-tune my old wah by playing with the pot course range depending on the tone I was looking for and this could change quite a lot how the wah was reacting with the rig.
Sorry I don't quite understand- you mean you'd change the value of the pot or something?

Anje

Silver Supporting Member
Sorry Pete if I was not clear; by "ajusting the pot course range" I was not talking about changing the pot, but about turning it after having disconnected the mechanical drive mechanism linked to the pedal top. That way you can ajust the range of the pot you're using as most of the time the wah pedal does not use the entire mechanical range of the pot, meaning you can ajust the wah tonal response / range more towards the bass or treble frequencies.

Hope that's clearer, i'd happily do a small video about it but I don't have a wah anymore :) If not let me know I can try a pictured description of the tweak.