Duo-Sonic Love?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by 1kidc, Feb 1, 2008.

1. 1kidc

1kidc Member

Any love out there for the Dou-Sonic? Just played a used one (1965) and couldn't believe how well it played. Something about that short scale neck (splanky tone) that just immediatly bonded w/ me!

A couple of questions for greater minds than myself (John Phillips, are you in the house???):

I know that Jag, mustang & music master necks are supposed to work w/ the duo body right? Or Wrong?

I know Jag necks tended to be 24" scale. Do all Jag necks have that same narrow width that the smaller (22"?) Duo necks have? Otherwise, how could it fit? And what is the width of a Duo/Mustang neck?

I really liked the simple bridge w/ no trem - Much better than the Mustang & Jag. Does anyone make compensated saddles for the Duo? Does anyone know FOR SURE that tele compensated saddles would work?

Lastly - I have heard that Fender Japan makes new Duo Re-Issues. Does anyone have a solid link? Please don't just say Ishibashi - I spent an hour there today and got nowhere...

Love to see any pics of Duo-Sonics owned by TGP folk, And if ya got one collecting dust that you'd like to move I'd sure appreciate a PM heads up on it...

2. tquig

tquig Member

It was my first guitar! long since gone--I believe it was produced as a student model

3. 1kidc

1kidc Member

YES YES YES!

Was that sunburst an original finish option? Saw one on ebay like it but figured it was a re-fin...

Do tell more!

4. slider313

slider313 Silver Supporting Member

Larry really dug them. '64 Daphne Blue?[​IMG]

5. 1kidc

1kidc Member

Also, what's the difference betweem an A neck and a B neck?

6. Custom50

Custom50 Member

I love those little guitars!