Durham Crazy Horse - now true-bypassed?

spookyelectric

Silver Supporting Member
I was just checking Durham's website and noticed that it lists the Crazy Horse as being true-bypassed, while all the other Durham pedals are buffered.

I thought for sure that Al said the CH was not true-bypassed. Is this a typo on the Durham website, or did they change the CH? (or is my memory just not serving me correctly?)

itkindaworks

Silver Supporting Member
They're using a 3pdt switch in it. Kinda strange, but my sex drive had one also while not true-bypass.
From the sex drive description:
Not true bypass. Alan doesn't trust the quality of the switches: "as soon as there is a TPDT switch made that can withstand the test of time, I’ll put it in. You know what I’m talking about if you have some of the boutique pedals on the market."
Don't have a pic of my crazy horse at the moment, but it looks like the same switch.

spookyelectric

Silver Supporting Member
I'm pretty damn positive that the Crazy Horse has always been true-bypass. And yes, it was the only one of the Durham line of pedals that featured true-bypass.

For those interested, here you can find a pic of the guts (somewhere in the middle of the page) :

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/481823
Maybe that's it-- it was the only Durham pedal that is true-bypassed. Hopefully Al will stop by this thread and chime in.

Trending Topics