DV Mark Micro 50

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by csweldon, Apr 12, 2016.

1. csweldon

csweldon Member

Anyone seen or tried this? Seems like a cool little amp, if it sounds good. 50 watts, 4lbs, footswitchable clean/"built in overdrive pedal", built in reverb, $300. Do I need it? Of course not. Wouldn't mind seeing what's up, though!

2. blackba

blackba Member

Looks cool, but I am surprised to see it doesn't have an effects loop.

3. 8len8

8len8 Member

Looks just like one of their heads repackaged with a couple extra features.

4. csweldon

csweldon Member

My bassist has a MarkBass amp and it sounds great! I already have 2 great SS amps (Quilter and Pritchard) but this might be fun for the days I want less options. I've been interested in the Quilter 101 since they came out, but I like reverb and a BMT tone stack - could be a good alternative for the folks that fall into that camp.

5. csweldon

csweldon Member

I was surprised, myself. I rarely use one, so it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, but it's always a good option to have.

6. tone4days

tone4days Member

who wouldnt want something so lightweight!
    the demo clips and the video demo are underwhelming to me ... it might have a place in the studio or for demos or a a simple bedroom practice rig, but it doesnt grab me and scream 'gig with me!'

the clean sounds are very good, imo ... not digging anything on the 'lead' channel

bummer

csweldon likes this.
  7. csweldon

csweldon Member

Agree about the demo. Can't tell if it's the amp or guitar, but the OD side doesn't yell "come get some!" Then again, I've never been keen on DV's demos!

8. csweldon

csweldon Member

Here are some soundcloud clips. I definitely prefer the cleans. I could see the gain being used for solos, but it's a little fizzy in the recordings. I'd definitely prefer to use pedals for rhythm.

I think this would make a great backup rig! I have a Crate Powerblock, and this seems like it would fit me a little better (decent cleans, reverb.) Might have to get one and let the CPB go, but we'll see... I don't think I need any more stuff hahahaha

9. csweldon

csweldon Member

Now THIS is more like it! Much better than the official demos IMHO!