DXi Drum Synth?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Aldwyn, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Aldwyn

Aldwyn Member

Hey folks! Looking for some recomendations for a DXi synth that puts out great/realistic sounding drums. I usually use loops... but sometimes, I am just lazy and want to pull a midi file from the net... but typical midi drums sound like poo, as do most beat boxes.

So a DXi synth with great samples is in my thoughts. Basic kits are mostly what I am looking for... blues, classic rock, heavy rock...

I have been playing with Native Instruments Hardcore Bass for some of my bass licks, and it's got some thumpin' sounding samples... so something along that line.

So... who do you guys use?

Thanks!
    Aldwyn

2. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

I got a decent deal on Battery and was able to supplement the basic drums with a variety of other drums I bought over the net, very inexpensively. I think BFD and Drums From Hell sound a little better but were considerably more than I wanted to spend at the time.

3. Aldwyn

Aldwyn Member

Thanks Leon! I will take a look at Battery... at first glance, it looks (and sounds) pretty good.

4. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

No prob. FWIW, I just looked up the name of the company I got the additional drums from. I bought two complete kits and a bunch of zildjian hihats for a total of 26 bux: www.wizoosounds.com

Great sounding too! I use WizooSounds' platinum kit quite a bit. And I've plugged in parts of their ambience and the hihats into many of my other kits. Very cool!

5. Serious Poo

Serious Poo Armchair Rocket Scientist Graffiti Existentialist Gold Supporting Member

+1 on Battery. I've used for a few years now and love it.

6. Aldwyn

Aldwyn Member

Looks like Battery 2 may be on my "things to buy" list this week! :D Thanks, guys!