DZB guitars?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Randell scott, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Randell scott

Randell scott Member

I just found DBZ Guitars. I going to ask for Christmas the black Cavallo Flying V instead of the Jay Turser. It looks nicer and cheaper. And when I sell some stuff Saterday I was going to get 1 guitar. Instead of the guitar I wanted I am going to try to get this one. The blue Hellfire guitar. Has any one ever heard of them? These guitars look great and cheap. And the V shaped guitar is cheaper than the Jay Turser I wanted for Christmas. How is the quality. How good is the pickups. 300 for the blue Helifre. And 279 dollars for the v shaped black guitar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  2. Justin L. Franks

Justin L. Franks Member

I haven't tried one myself, but reviews seem to say they are solid guitars and a good value. Here is a review for the Hailfire (this model is a higher-end model than the one you posted, and has Seymour Duncan pickups)

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/DBZ_Diamond_Hailfire_SM_Electric_Guitar_Review

Like any other guitar in this price range, I wouldn't expect too much from the pickups. They should be decent of course, but a pickup upgrade sometime down the road would probably be a good idea.

3. brandass

brandass Member

I have a Royale that I love. This one:

http://www.worldmusicsupply.com/dbz...tric-guitar/?gclid=CP-5hPGN-sQCFcqVfgodTZwACA

Just fantastic all around.

The Blue Hailfire has tempted me for quite a while, just can't justify another guitar. If that changes, it's either a Jaguar or the Hailfire. Decisions, decisions...

BTW, pups in the Royale are flat out amazing: custom Duncan's that have become my favorite HBs. Don't know how the Hailfire pups compare.

4. Randell scott

Randell scott Member

I am selling some of my Elvis collection and a replica belt Saturday. And I should get 120 dollars for the belt or more. And 300 for my Elvis Stuff. 85 dollars for the satilight raido equipment. And a uknown amount for my comic book collection at a comic shop. Besides 4 comics worth cash. I should get 5 dollars a piece for each comic. That is a lot of cash..:dude:worried

Get some one that knows how to order from the web site to help get me both guitars. If I do not get alot of cash for my things:worried:tapedshut. I will get 1 of them. And my father can buy me the other for Christmas.:dude

They look really nice and are cheaper than some other I like as well. And instead of 3 used guitars. I would like to have 2 new ones. I may not know much about the company. But they look killer. They look real expensive. That is why I was shocked at the price.

5. brandass

brandass Member

I think you'll be happy going with DBZ.

Consider ordering from WMS by phone if you have any web issues. They are very good with questions etc.

Good luck!

6. swiveltung

swiveltung Member

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  7. Bankston

Bankston Member

DBZ was started as Dean Zelinksy's new guitar company. He partnered up with Jeff Diamant at Diamond Amps, which is a Houston company. The amps and cabs are mostly built here in Houston. The DBZ's are built overseas, but I played on several at the factory showroom when I went to order my Diamond Phantom from Jeff. Dean is no longer part of the company from what I understand.

Design, build quality, tone and playability is on par, if not better, than Schecter or the PRS SE series. They do not feel like cheap guitars at all. Seymour Duncan pickups are standard. The hardshell cases are choice.

I'm planning to pick up a Bolero at some point. Very good value on these guitars.

8. wbm68

wbm68 Member

Nice looking and nice playing guitars. Seem well built even on the inexpensive models. I spent a lot of time with them at NAMM but could not plug in there.

9. soulohio

soulohio Member

I played a couple at the local music store. They were good value for the price. I especially like the fit and finish... very nice.

10. DustyRhodesJr

DustyRhodesJr Supporting Member

Their is a guy on youtube named The Tone King who seems to have some
    type of tie-in to DBZ.

He does all kinds of reviews and such of DBZ stuff. You might check him
    out, I know he did one of a DBZ Flying V style.

11. OotMagroot

OotMagroot Supporting Member

Well here's something you don't see everyday. A nice, set neck guitar in the vein of a 335 that has a H/S/S pickup scheme. I really wish more manufacturers offered something like this.

[​IMG]

12. ThePeopleofColin

ThePeopleofColin Runs with Scissors

These are great playing guitars.