E->cot->tim?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mcormier, Jul 12, 2006.

1. mcormier

mcormier Guest

ok well i only have the tim, now im looking for a marshally rythm sound, im thinking COT50 (and lower gain lead tone (along with my keeley compressor) and id also like a grainy, sustaining, organic, and big sounding lead tone, would eternity be right?

Any different suggestions on either pedals?

2. gitpicker

gitpicker Member

Sounds to me like you just nailed exactly what the Lovepedals do. I have all three and run mine in this order: COT --> Eternity --> Timmy.

The Timmy works especially well as a post-boost with EQ for kicking the COT in the ass.

3. idphys

idphys Member

Ditto for me. I use the COT pushing the Timmy for rhythm sounds, and COT pushing the Eternity (or Eternity alone) for leads.

4. mcormier

mcormier Guest

i was thinking eternity first, it would be like and eternity in front of a plexi.. well at least im assuming

5. DJLantz444

DJLantz444 Senior Member

True, but the Eternity loves to be pushed, and the COT50 loves to be first (It loves to be as close to the guitar as possible, since it "melds" with the volume knob).

6. mcormier

mcormier Guest

7. kenoflife

kenoflife Supporting Member

I'm about to get a COT50(blue) to add into the following chain:

Tele>AM Bicomp>Wah>BadBob booster>Timmy>swirly>RC>VIbrolux

I'm assuming I'll use the COT instead of the Bad Bob before the Timmy....and then retire the RC.

From there it gets confusing on who plays what part in the arrangement -
    the gooser, the lead boost, the constant player for rhythm....

With 3 pedals I'm sure to love -
    it's the BadBob that is the wild card, anyone else using one with a COT and
    or Timmy? Sure I'd love to try the Eternity, but the Bad Bob for rhythm gives great tone - and I'm only looking for low/moderate gain, dialing in "The wind cries Mary" plexiness with this rig would be exceptional...can't wait to try the COT50!!!:AOK

8. erksin

erksin Member

Yeah - that would be an awesome combo IMO. I'd go CoT50>E>Tim like others have said, you don't want to miss out on the volume knob interaction with the CoT - killer stuff.

I use a MI Audio Blue Boy with a chip swap for more 'grain' in the place of an E and a Timmy instead of a Tim, but I think this set-up is pretty similar to what you're after. It freakin' ROCKS, IMO - lots of flavors of OD at your feet, and all of them incredible. Add a nice EQ pedal to the mix and your options are virtually unlimited.

9. Deaj

Deaj Silver Supporting Member

+1 - the COT-50 into the Eternity combo is a thing of beauty!