1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

E-MU 0404 Sound Card

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Woody Honkin, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Woody Honkin

Woody Honkin Guest

Just bought this... it is a great card... looks like it is the core of EMU's digital recording technology... without all the extra interfaces...(for 300 more $$) . Bought at Sam Ash for $99.

Delivers with Cubasis and a bunch of other EMU software... great deal in my opinion.

HOWEVER.....

I am still trying to use an IWILL KK266plus motherboard (1.5 GB Ram; 1.8 AMD Athlon 1800 processor), XP OS.

I have been lucky enough to see it work... but....

My computer kept locking up. So I called EMU and they suggested I update the BIOS with a new VIA update...from VIAARENA.com - the Hyperion 4 in 1 patch for XP.

I did. It blew away the CD driver. yipeee. this is a basic platform function of XP. Now I can't get XP to load. even from the disk.

I am ready to get a new computer... I have been polishing this "----" since 2001. I am sorry I bought it.... Particularly because I sold my Sierra Universal 12 Pedal Steel Guitar to buy it.

Any ideas on repair, or suggestions for new music focused processors and motherboards??? I can still salvage parts (Power supply, PLextor CD burner Matrox 450 Millenium 2 head video card, RAM, Hard Drive and tower....)

Thanks!

2. TAVD

TAVD Guitar Player Gold Supporting Member

Uninstall that driver.

A BIOS update isn't the same as a driver update. Flashing the bios differs depending on the chipset.
    Try IWILL's website for the bios update and procedure.
    I personally wouldn't flash the bios without ruling out everything else first, software conflicts, soundcard conflicts, and so on. If something goes wrong when you flash the bios, you'll wish you just bought a new MB in the first place.

3. Woody Honkin

Woody Honkin Guest

Thanks for the tip!!!!

I am really surprised the MFG suggested it.

I did it. Now it is hosed.

I loaded the card and software on an older machine with less RAM, and processing speed,

and will work with that for a while...

4. laiben

laiben Member

I think the most simple way is you either downgrade the BIOS using the floppy drive, or update the firmware of your CD-drive.

laiben

5. TAVD

TAVD Guitar Player Gold Supporting Member

Well, if all you did was install that 4 in 1 patch then you didn't flash the bios. Does Win partially boot? If so, try F8, then use the safe mode option. That should allow you to uninstall the patch.