E strings on Frankenstrat

LPV

I was at the Met and was surprised at how the E strings on Eddie’s Frankenstrat are almost the same distance from the edges as my 2015 jr.

Old Guy

Man, I can't wait to go see that exhibit!!

Do they let you take pics or video? Obviously you took this pic, but was that on the DL?

rjpilot

Yeah nothing really fits per the manual on that guitar. There’s a big gap at the neck joint. The Floyd nut is the wrong size. Etc.
I played one of those $25k replicas and hated it. I’m a huge Eddie fan.

CapnRex

Yeah nothing really fits per the manual on that guitar. There’s a big gap at the neck joint. The Floyd nut is the wrong size. Etc.
I played one of those $25k replicas and hated it. I’m a huge Eddie fan.
The idea of a $25k replica guitar is hilarious to me. "Oh yea I need a guitar that has cigarette burns in exactly the same spot as my idol." Just get a hooker to dress up like them and get it over with, and have $24.5k left.

Ultra GP

Man, I can't wait to go see that exhibit!!

Do they let you take pics or video? Obviously you took this pic, but was that on the DL?
It's really impressive. I actually went a second time to get a closer look and some better pictures. That and I completely missed the Woodstock Strat the first time... it's sort of hidden.

If anyone goes and wants to make a point of seeing it, find the empty room that has the movie playing on the back wall, go in, take a right, and.... :thud

But yeah, they're fine with pictures/video. It's a bit difficult to get some decent ones with how crowded it can be (plus many guitars are in transparent displays in the center of the room)

Trending Topics