E.W.S. Brute Drive?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by eclipseall, Feb 15, 2012.

1. eclipseall

eclipseall Member

Anyone have any experience with this pedal or brand?
    Ive heard very good things and have a chance to pick one up.
    Ive also heard that it takes after the boss DS1.

Anyone care to share their reviews or thoughts on this pedal.

2. rialci

rialci Member

I own a Brute Drive... It'a a great option, very dynamic, great lead... The boost comes with +5 or 6 dB and has an internal that can raise it to + 10dB.

i loved the following demo and helped to me to buy it... Jeff Richman explains so great....

Peace!

3. mjm59

mjm59 Member

When posting vids, only insert the information after the quotes.

4. justnick

justnick Gold Supporting Member

I really like it. Very versatile and open sounding...

5. ToneRanger72

ToneRanger72 Member

I have one (selling it actually - not spammin', just sayin') - only reason I'm getting rid of it is because I got a Voodoo Lab Giggity to go in it's place.
    It's got a Marshall kind of vibe - roll back the tone knob and engage the boost and you can cop Clapton's Cream tone - use the same tone settings and up the gain and you can get Eric Johnson lead sounds without a Tube Driver.
    Here's what mine sounds like through a Twin Reverb...

6. jet8425

jet8425 Member

EWS/Xotic is one of my new favorite effects brands. I have an EP Booster in the mail right now. As for the Brute Drive, it is hands-down my favorite pedal on my board right now. Very warm and full and it can go from a smooth OD to a full on distortion. Crazy flexible and the tone knob is super responsive. The boost is my favorite feature about it though. It adds so much bottom end when activated! Love it. I keep the boost on most of the time because it doesn't add much volume, but it completely changes the character of the pedal. It also stacks well with other fuzz/distortion/OD pedals. I keep mine at a pretty low gain setting with the gain at about 11 o'clock and the tone at around 10, and it sounds soooo good. Bottom line: GET IT

7. ptgold

ptgold Member

I bought ToneRangers Brute Drive.....and its awesome!

Im using it currently with my Eleven Rack and it combines beautifully with the different amp patches I tried it with. By itself on a clean amp I can replicate my favorite smooth high gain SLO,Bogner, Hot Rod Marshall tones. The cool thing about it is that It blends perfectly with already overdriven amps....I wasnt expecting much and usually dont like this kind of setup. However it seems to fill out spaces in amps that are in overdrive, like a wall of sound thing, im getting a very fuzz like quality out of it. Super cool! Im liking it more than my BB Preamp for adding gain right now.

8. jackrockerman

jackrockerman Member

My main and favourite OD all the time..
    Clean up very well..
    Big sound..

9. la noise

la noise Supporting Member

Eric Gales is using one. Featured on the new Pinnick, Gales, Pridgen release.

Can you compare it to the Flux Drive, Jack? I have a Flux and am curious how it is the same/different. :)

10. ToneRanger72

ToneRanger72 Member

I'm actually regretting that I sold mine...