Early PRS

Drowned Rabbit

Black Beauty Beats Burst
I posted these on BirdsandMoons awhile ago, but I thought you guys who don't
visit that forum might enjoy these. For the people who hate PRS, flame away if
you like, what do I care :phones

Sprinter

That's a good looking PRS! :aok I'm not sure what PRS calls that color, but Dean has a similar color and they call it faded denim.

Sprinter

small axe

is that is an '85 because if it is u are a lucky man...that guitar is some of the finest guitar woods and craftmanship made today or in the recent times

59Bassman

Plank Cranker
Gold Supporting Member
I think PRS changed their blues due to the early guitars fading like this one. Still a VERY cool guitar. In '86 I had a shot at a very early PRS for $1K. I didn't buy it because Eddie didn't play one, therefore it must be crap.

I still kick myself. Daily.

lespaulreedsmith

Silver Supporting Member
I'm guessing whale blue also as they used to fade into that a little more than royal blue and I love the 80's for 'vintage' (haha) PRSi...

scmavl

Enjoyer
Gold Supporting Member
Very cool guitar. I wish they'd moved that one dead spot in the flame to the bridge cavity but no matter. Great axe!!!

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
The fact that it faded AND you can't get the same color is like... double-cool...

3-way switch and volume/tone? I thought those early ones had the 5-way? did that come later? I hated the 5-way rotary till I had a guitar with it (my standard 24), now I love it.

scmavl

Enjoyer
Gold Supporting Member
The fact that it faded AND you can't get the same color is like... double-cool...

3-way switch and volume/tone? I thought those early ones had the 5-way? did that come later? I hated the 5-way rotary till I had a guitar with it (my standard 24), now I love it.
I think that is a "Sweet Switch" which is just a two way that changes the tone, AFAIK. I'm assuming either one of the knobs is a 5 way of there is some type of push/pull pot action going on.

Deft Tungsman

It's faded royal blue. You can tell because the pickup rings are black. They are white on whale blue guitars.

Sweet switch and five-way rotary, ten killer sounds, at least that's what I get out of my '88 (whale blue)!

Fantastic bit of guitar history with a totally unique fade. Congrats!

Drowned Rabbit

Black Beauty Beats Burst
My guess is faded Royal Blue.
Yup, you nailed it.

is that is an '85 because if it is u are a lucky man...that guitar is some of the finest guitar woods and craftmanship made today or in the recent times
Yes, it's an '85

It's the original 5-way rotary and Volume knob. The switch is the original Sweet Switch.

Trending Topics