Earth Amplification - Any Info?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Hulakatt, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Hulakatt

Hulakatt Supporting Member

I tried searching around the interwebs for any info on Earth Amplification but there is less to none available that I can find. Does anyone around here have any experience or information? Are there any obscure websites with more?

I picked up a non working Earth Amplification tweed bassman clone w/ 4x6L6 power section pretty cheap on eBay the other day. I figure at the worst, I'll just get a tweed twin cab cut for the bassman chassis and have a tweed twin/bassman hybrid on hand for loud noises. The transformers look to be not only in good shape but huge!

2. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

Closely based on the Peavey models that were made at the same time. Solid state front end, tube output stage. Usually suffer from poor filter cap quality, but most of the on-board parts are decent grade. Based on Long Island, most products were built by subcontractors who took Peaveys apart and cloned them. There never was an "Earth factory". I worked there for a spell actually.

3. vibrasonic

vibrasonic Member

I saw a poster once with a pic of a front end loader with the shovel full of them.

I read a review on them awhile ago but they did'nt get much love.

4. Hulakatt

Hulakatt Supporting Member

I guess at the worst I can just strip out the circuit and put my own in then. At least I paid for less than the transformers and chassis were worth.

5. scottb1966

scottb1966 Member

I had one. It was a 2 X 6L6 version with 1 12" speaker. Solid state preamp. Sounded great. It did smoke a filter cap or two. But they were easy to replace. I searched for info also and did not have much luck finding any.