Earthquaker Afterneath on H9 ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jul.brown90, May 1, 2015.

1. jul.brown90

jul.brown90 Member

Hey guys !

I was wondering if any of you managed to replicate the sounds of the Earthquaker Afterneath on the Eventide H9 ?

Thanks !

2. Astronaut FX

Astronaut FX Member

Nope. The little wizard painted on the enclosure of the Afterneath is solely responsible for the sonic magic that emanates from the pedal. Cannot be replicated even by the mighty H9.

3. jul.brown90

jul.brown90 Member

Ha ha ha ! Too bad...!!

4. hydroquebec

hydroquebec Member

I'm pretty sure that the Afterneath is a multitap delay with diffusion, so Ultratap would be your current best choice to get somewhere close to it.

The limitations of Ultratap are in the length and feedback. I believe the H9 Ultratap's length maxes out at 4 seconds and since there is no feedback control, the repeats will not ring out like they do with the Afterneath. However, you do have control over the number of taps (up to 64) , which can be used like the Drag control.

All in all, Ultratap is a very unique algorithm, but the H9 won't get you all the way into Afterneath territory. The Eclipse would ;)

xcc likes this.
  5. celticelk

celticelk Member

The TimeFactor/H9 Multitap algorithm has a feedback control and diffusion. That'd be my choice for Afterneath-type sounds.