Earthquaker Devices Westwood vs Benson Preamp vs Timmy

andtrea

I'm considering a 2 band eq overdrive for low/medium gain to manage (better) different guitars .
I used to have a Timmy but I sold it in a period of downsizing (anyway I always thought it was it a little weak, but very versatile).

Benson Preamp, Westwood, and Timmy are pretty hard to find here in italy, so what's your suggestion?

My rig: Strat, LP or Jazzmaster ---> [...]Crowther Hot Cake (main distortion pedal) --->[...] Fender Bassman 100

V|J

There was a similar thread regarding Benson Preamp a few days back & somebody mentioned SS/BS mini doing Benson & more. It's more versatile & capable.

theyre coming theyre coming

Silver Supporting Member
There was a similar thread regarding Benson Preamp a few days back & somebody mentioned SS/BS mini doing Benson & more. It's more versatile & capable.

I once had a Ss/bs mini a ptd mini bone at the same time and they overlapped A LOT. They're both great for everything from boost to fuzz (they sound very similar) and they both clean up well with the guitar knob. The ptd can just go a little crazier with the fuzz tones, and cleans up juuuust a bit better with the guitar’s volume knob (but not by much in either case). If I couldn’t have my mini bone/afford the current prices- I’d be grabbing a ssbs mini easy!

Reactions: V|J

Top Bottom