Earthquaker Fuzz Master General owners - does yours oscillate?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fiveightandten, Feb 12, 2020.

1. fiveightandten

fiveightandten Member

I just bought a Fuzz Master General off Reverb. It sounds awesome, but there's definitely a high pitched oscillation in the pedal. I can hear a faint high pitched squeal at all settings (faint, but it's there). When I turn the level knob up past 3:00 with the tone knob above noon, the sound just cuts off.

It's the same through 3 different amps. And through one amp I'm hearing helicopter sounds too.

I get that this is a wild pedal, but it seems like this level of instability wouldn't be built into it. Can anyone confirm; bum pedal or normal operation?

2. guitarslinger21

guitarslinger21 Member

I don’t think mine does that.
    Eqd will fix it for free normally. They have a transferable warranty.

fiveightandten likes this.
  3. spawnofthesith

spawnofthesith Member

Yeah I would shoot an email to EQD, the one time I had an issue with one of my pedals they were great, actually got my pedal back and fixed within one week of mailing it to them

4. fiveightandten

fiveightandten Member

Thanks for the replies. I didn't realize their warranty was so robust. Awesome to know!

I just read the trouble shooting section on their website and they have some points about high frequency noise. I tried another power supply and the audible high pitched squeal is gone, but the sound still cuts out in high reaches of the level and tone knob, so it seems like there's still some instability there (likely just moved the squeal above my hearing range and/or the speaker's range). I have a GigRig virtual battery, so I'm going to try that to see if it helps at all.

5. Crimson Queen

Crimson Queen Member

Mine does not. Are you using it with other pedals?

6. fiveightandten

fiveightandten Member

Thanks for the confirmation. It's just guitar > pedal > amp.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  7. Junco Partner

Junco Partner Member

I’ve had that pedal for a while, messed around with it quite a bit, even at extreme settings I never experienced any issues. You may want to contact them, as others have suggested