• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Easiest Blues Driver mod?

thisisbrianly

Hi guys,

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I did a search and didn't come up with much.

I kicked my stock BD-2 off the board when I picked up a Sparkle Drive to use as a clean boost. With it off the board, I figured it'd be a good time to tinker with it. From reading through the forums, a few DIY mods always come up:

- Monte Allums H20
- Keeley Phat
- Galaxie
- Indy Guitarist

I'm definitely a novice with a soldering iron....have done a few strat pickups, but thats about it. Are any of the above mods considered "easiest", or is it all the same? Any other first-time modders done the BD-2...are the instructions crystal clear, or does it require a little bit of circuit-knowledge? Just wanted to get some opinions before frying my pedal!

Thanks guys

Bluedano1

The best mod is to keep the Tone below 11:00- NOON, and to keep the Gain (and Level) at a higher setting than what you think you would like( at full guitar volume)- say both at 1:00. Turn the Pedal ON, Leave it ON (as opposed to kicking it on for lead breaks), and play. This pedal has got great dynamics stock, and cleans up great- why f**K this up with a mod?

Trending Topics