EB Stereo Vol/Pan issue

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by reentune, Mar 1, 2008.

1. reentune

reentune Supporting Member

Is there anything (a mod of some kind) that can be done to eliminate the eventual deterioration of the pots in these?

I've had two, and even if they sit in a box unused, they always end up with scratchy pots. It drives me nuts.

They're such solid, simple units, but what's the use of having one if it's never going to work without noise?

If anyone has any ideas or knows of a way to make it more than an expensive paperweight, I'd love to hear it.

As is, I couldn't even sell them with a clear conscience.

Thanks.

————————————————————————————————————

BTW, check my for-sale thread in case you need any of my excess:
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=348836

2. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Senior Member

Why would you return to the well to drink if the water tasted bad the first time? Try a Boss FV500L/H. I have the EB SVP also, it lasted only a few months, I want to say only about three. When Boss came out with the FV500, I ordered one and it is still perfectly functioning, very quiet, no issues (so far) and I've been using the volume pedal a lot more than before. If anything, I've doubled its usage because of the placement, after OD's or in the loop of the amps.

3. reentune

I have the Visual Sound Stereo Wah now, and I love it.
    But I had real uses for the Pan side of the EB. I really liked being able to do that with two amps on either side of the room/stage. The Visual (or any other Vol Ped I know of) won't pan.
    I'm not going back to get a drink from the well, I just wondered if there was anything I could do to make the water I already have in my bucket taste better.

4. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Senior Member

I also liked the EB SVP for what it could do, and I still do. Like you I purchased it. You don't get that pan function with anything Boss puts out.

5. reentune

Thought I'd give this a bump in case those with any suggestions missed it the first time around.