• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

eBay - Any Way to Search Who Takes Credit Cards or Money Orders...?

Troubleman

I'm in the "absolutely loathe" phase with PayPal.
They McSuck big time - I tried, they've not changed....
As such, I've pretty much sworn off of e(vil)Bay
Pretty much....
There are still good vendors on e(vil)Bay, but they're being held hostage by PayPal.
Some are brave enough to actually continue to accept USPS money orders or credit cards - you remember that stuff doncha...?

AnyWho - is there a method of sussing out who'll take money orders/credit cards without sifting through every auction listing...?

jb

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
Most sellers will accept MOs, they are just forced to take PP as well. I would be glad if a buyer offered to send me a MO.

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
I don't suppose using your credit card through paypal is an option.

teletroy

I recently had one of my auctions canceled by ebay because I put in my post that I accepted Money Orders, Cash, and Checks. I emailed them to ask why and they told me that it was against ebay policy and that you had to either take Paypal or your own way of accepting credit cards.

Now I still took a money order from a guy, I just didn't put it in my auction. Stupid ebay. between their fees and Paypals fees, Ebay is making a killing

Spider-Man

Silver Supporting Member
I recently had one of my auctions canceled by ebay because I put in my post that I accepted Money Orders, Cash, and Checks. I emailed them to ask why and they told me that it was against ebay policy and that you had to either take Paypal or your own way of accepting credit cards.

Now I still took a money order from a guy, I just didn't put it in my auction. Stupid ebay. between their fees and Paypals fees, Ebay is making a killing

Same thing happened to me. They canceled an auction where I specified a money order as a payment option. eBay sucks and the fees are outrageous.

uOpt

Ebay only allows a very selected set of sellers to accept any payment other than paypal now.

Be happy, "it's for your safety" :)

Troubleman

I'm confused by all of this...
Are you allowed to accept money orders and credit cards "as long as" you accept PayPal too...?
I had one of my preferred merchants tell me that e(vil)Bay demanded that he accept PayPal only... or else.
He didn't
They pulled several of his auctions.
Arm successfully twisted - he complied, I've lost a valued merchant. :BITCH
That said, there are still those who are able to list other forms of payment in addition to PayPal (those are the ones i seek)....
I hate PayPal.
They've ripped me off.
They've promised protection and offered none when it counted.
They do this and charge for it.
Now e(vil)Bay - the folks who own PayPal, insist that it be the form of currency accepted...

Can someone explain why eBay is not considered an auction house by the feds....?

Frustrated....

jb

Radax

Tightening Credit. Only a select few Long Time Sellers, Large Dollar Volume, Perfect FeedBack types don't have any Paypal restrictions. They can withdraw without any Hold on the their account. They can accept any type of Payment.

Mike

Trending Topics