eBay Inaccuracies Gone Wild! (Boss DM-3 content)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Mac-P, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Mac-P

Mac-P Member

What a steaming loaded pile! Everything about the way this DM-3 is labeled is stock & 100% normal: the way every DM-2, DM-3 has ever been made. I love the way he embellishes his load of crap sales pitch. Seriously, buyer beware out there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...3&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123#ht_500wt_1413

I sent him a message, but let's see if he changes it. In case he does, I've pasted the text here:

"Boss DM-3 Delay Guitar Effect Pedal (Rare Reversed Knob and Mislabeled Knobs)

Up for sale is a used Boss DM-3 Delay Pedal for Guitar. This is a rare, early model that was incorrectly silk-screened. The control labeled "Echo" actually controls the mix and the "Intensity" controls the number of repeats. These were later changed, making this unit have more collector's value, especially with the green "made in Japan" label. The "Repeat Rate" control works counterclockwise, making the rate increase as the control is attenuated clockwise. In the early days, they did not have access to reverse linear taper pots, causing this effect, which is also a source of collector's value. The pedal is in good condition for its age, showing only a few chips in the paint. Oddly enough, the LED works perfectly while using a battery, but does not work at all when used with a power supply. This pedal has never seen velcro, allowing it to still have the back label."

2. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

3. td2243

td2243 Member

You are right, that is a normal DM3. Also well worth $200. I love mine.

4. redbeardrob

redbeardrob Member

5. Wesman61

Wesman61 Supporting Member

Someone keeps listing a Zoom PD01 as a Klon clone.

6. bo13bo

bo13bo Member

Reverse linear taper pots??? Thats amazing.

7. your name here

your name here Supporting Member

Saw that. :facepalm

8. Mac-P

Mac-P Member

Cute, but it's much less about correcting someone who is "wrong on the internet" than it is preventing the spread of misinformation about musical gear here on The Gear Page, which is the appropriate place to do it. Crap like what that guy listed is how rumors get started, and (potential) discussions like this are an attempt to set the record straight & help out my fellow Gear Page people.

:rockin