Ebay listing info

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by claffman, Apr 16, 2008.

1. claffman

claffman Member

I emailed that I was pissed that they removed the brand listings for Guitars and Amps. Here is the response I recieved.

"Thanks so much for writing in.
    For products where brands are regularly included in titles (and therefore easily searchable by buyers), we believed we could remove Brand categories without disruption. This is part of a larger project to rely more on Custom Item Specifics and less on certain types of categories for classification.
    However, buyers and sellers of guitars are telling us that this change has created an unnecessary disturbance. We hear you, and are reinstating brands in this section. Look for the brand categories in Guitars to be restored in the second week of May.
    We're sorry for the inconvenience; thanks again for taking the time to contact us.
    All best,
    --Nora
    eBay Classification Team"

This really made looking for specific (Tele's) guitars a pain. I had been on a buying halt, and hadn't been there in a while. I was surprised to see the change they made.
    Oh well. They do look at emails you send them.

2. AfterDarkMusic

AfterDarkMusic Member

Yeah, that made searching music equipment so convenient.

What a bummer..

*edit*

I went ahead and contacted them and made sure to drive home the point that it's particularly relevant to guitar categories. Their idea makes sense on paper, but when its put into action, it falls flat.

If you want to send eBay a message, go Here and click 'suggestion for improving the eBay site'.

3. claffman

claffman Member

I think they got a bunch of flack. I hope that they do go back to the "old/right" way.

4. AfterDarkMusic

AfterDarkMusic Member

Yeah, me too.

I wonder if they were hoping to get people to sift through pages of listings to generate more views for people that might not get them otherwise?

I just don't get their motivation. Why would you want your categories to be less specific? :NUTS

5. claffman

claffman Member

Pretty dumb. In my job I make it as easy as possible to find what you need quickly. I then process your order and you are out the door with what you want.

6. shaneygoo

shaneygoo Member

ebay -1000 pts

they must have sold out, i'm betting this happened to all of ebay not just guitar gear?

there is no doubt people want to sort by brand they didn't do this for people they did it for a company

7. Smakutus

Smakutus Member

I just do searches by key words in the title so this doesn't effect me..

Jeff