EBay seller question option unavailable?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by jdogric12, Oct 16, 2015.

1. jdogric12

jdogric12 Member

So I'm looking at a few Orban Sibilance Controllers on eBay. There is one seller with a few. Their descriptions routinely read "passes audio, no other functions tested, sold as-is."

I tried to "ask a question" to try and gain some level of confidence that I'm not being sold something broken or for parts only, and ebay says "We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of messages this seller receives, they are unable to respond to your specific question right now. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."

Is this normal? I've sent questions to sellers with much more volume (number of items, that is) and never seen this. I'd probably win a dispute if I received something broken, right? I'm basing this on all the people here who gripe about being forced to refund customers who didn't read the description or look at the pictures in the auction.

Of course, I don't want to be a difficult buyer and do that - I just want to buy a functioning item, but this seller seems to be trying to go a little too far to protect themselves, don't they? I'm thinking I should be ok since nowhere does this explicitly state that it does NOT function, even though they claim they can't or don't fully test it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Orban-536A-...bilance-Controller-Vintage-Rack-/171225616474

2. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry
    They don't want to be bothered :dunno Pass :knitting

3. swiveltung

swiveltung Member

Yes, I had that happen recently too. Pisses me off.

4. Riscchip

Riscchip Supporting Member

I've seen this before as well. Sellers can block questions, but it seems to be something of a secret on how they do it. If you search ebay or google you don't see much information on how to enable the option. I can't find it any of my settings. Not that I would use it, but I'm curious.

Funny this seller has good ratings for "communication."

One thing I noticed that you can do, if you go to one of their sold completed items and select "ask a question" at the bottom of the listing, you get a different interface where it looks like you could send a message.

I'd be curious if you could email them from there and ask your question and get around this somehow. Or you could just tell the seller he's a #$%^^$# for disabling questions.

I'm sure when you are selling sketchy as-is audio rack gear you can't be bothered to describe or test, you get a lot of questions you don't want.

bushitsuki likes this.